Who's going opening day?

troutdude
troutdude
Nice report Nismo; thanks. I'm also glad that the weather cooperated. It was pretty dang rainy in Albany/Corvallis last night.

G
GDBrown
I guess I might as well get dressed and take the boat up and see if it still runs. I'll try and post a few photos this evening.

B
bác_Keith
Trolling from my boat near the dam I hooked a huge trout that was at least 25 inches, played it for a while to wear it down, got it to within 5 feet of the boat, it made one last run for the bottom and I had one snap swivel that was too small and it opened it up and straightened it out and was gone ! Was a fun fight anyway. Maybe tomorrow I can land one of the big ones.
Today was really nice at the lake. Not many people. Noticed the sheriff had some helpers and they going around the lake checking the bank fishermen. First time I have seen that happen. They check out the boats most times. I've been inspected many times both at the dock and in the water.

Hope everyone had better luck that I today. I brought home nothing but stories and cold fingers.

B
beaverfan
Not a bad day for me, fishing started off slow then picked up for a few then died back down. Ended up with 8 to the bank and I lost 2, 1 of which was a very large fish. I never did get to see it but after a 15 minute fight it snapped my 4lb leader. Ended up keeping five that were hooked pretty deep. Weather was pretty dang good and like was mentioned there wasn't nearly as many people as I expected.

98nismo
I was fishing on the first spot after going over the dam. Where were you fishing Beaverfan?

B
beaverfan
Hahaha like the second pullout.

W
waco
I'll be there 2morrow!!!! what was the hot lure??? or bait??

B
beaverfan
I tried all kinds of lures and baits and the only thing I could get em to bite consistantly was one pink and one yellow poweregg about 16-18 inches off the bottom. Here's the five I kept today. I didn't really want to keep any but they were hooked deep so they'll be going in the smoker.

W
waco
Thanks Beaverfan BTW those are some fatties trout!!!

B
beaverfan
Ya they must have really fattened those bad boys up before tossing em in there, the smallest is 9 inches and the biggest is about 12. Be prepared to battle with some big fish and good luck!

W
waco
that will be awesome fighting those fish with my ultra light rod!!!

W
waco
Anybody going 2morrow????

D
Denduran87
I'll Be there tomorrow early.