Where to go next week?

S
sapo
So I am wanting to do some bank fishing for salmon next week. It seems like a difficult prospect..low, warm water, etc..but I still want to go. The rain this weekend might help raise up some of the river levels a little at least.

I've researched a lot and I'm kinda stumped. Can anyone give me any input on somewhere I can bank fish for salmon next week? Preferably not more than 1-2 hours from Portland.

Feel free to PM me if you want.

Thanks!!

jamisonace
I don't know much about fishing up there and I've only been out once on the south coast trolling but I'm heading down to the nestucca for Labor Day weekend. I'll be in a boat but my buddy has picked up a few from the bank down there. You might give that a try. I pick some up on spinners each fall down there.

S
sapo
Thanks! Sounds good but I've never been there, my guess is I'll mess around in the Miami and see if I can get a few searun cutts..maybe see if I can spot a few early fall nooks, or whatever.

Thanks tho! I'll have to try out the Nestucca sometime.

jamisonace
Let me know if the chum are in the Miami yet. I think they show up about this time.

S
sapo
Ya I'll let you know..or I might end up trolling at Nehalem bay lol. Still figuring out what I'm gonna do