Where should I go crabbing???

T
troutmasta
I need some input on good places to go crabbing. I really dont want to go farther south then Newport. Where should I go?????

F
Fishtopher
I dont know man, if I am by myself, or boatless, I just crab the old coast guard pier in Garibaldi. If I'm in a boat, I'm leanin' over the edge too much to pay attention to where were going:shock::).

Good luck!

C
cchinook
crabbing

crabbing

Netarts Bay !!!

A
Anyfishisfine
cchinook said:
Netarts Bay !!!

Got a trap full there once. Not a single keeper in the bunch. But I caught a salmon, so all was well.

D
Dichrofisher
Netarts Bay a second time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

C
Commodore S
Where??

Where??

troutmasta said:
I need some input on good places to go crabbing. I really dont want to go farther south then Newport. Where should I go?????

Boat or NO-Boat
Newport has some good spots, just west of the big green tank towards embarcadero, watch for 30' hole. Usually some pots around there if you don't have electronics. No boat, hit the pier south of bridge, Rouge Brewery:dance:

T
troutmasta
Thank you

Thank you

Went today got nineteen mostly red rocks but had a good time and a good beer at the Rouge brewery:D

F
Fishtopher
Right on man! Glad to hear ya got into some crusties!!

party0036.gif

And some brew!

W
weekend warrior
i'm going crabbing this saturday for the first time. I was wondering where is a good place in Netarts Bay for a person without a boat?