where are they?

F
fitterdent
i was looking to go steelheading tomorow, but where do i go? are they still running at mcyver? or riverside?, or cedar creek? where can i go and what's working right now? sand shrimp?

O
osmosis
cedar creek is glacial mocha right now, and the clack is super low and clear. take your pick fish are in both of them.
If I was fishing tomorrow it would be on the columbia, but I dont fish weekends to avoid the crowds..

F
fitterdent
i heard they were killing steelhead above the bonneville, but i don't have a boat, i'm trying to convince my buddy to go, but i don't think he's goint to, so i'm trying to find a good bank spot.

O
OnTheFly
Shhhhhhh! Don't tell anybody but the Salmon River up by Welches is open till the end of August..

B
Bohemian
I haven't heard about any success on the Salmon river -- have you? I lived in Brightwood for several years. I am curious about the timing of the open season up there...I was told that it is normally September before the fish would be there (season is just July and August). Of course the whole thing seems so confusing since the Marmot dam removal. I keep hearing different stories about the Sandy/Salmon rivers up there.

Thanks

O
OnTheFly
Bohemian said:
I haven't heard about any success on the Salmon river -- have you? I lived in Brightwood for several years. I am curious about the timing of the open season up there...I was told that it is normally September before the fish would be there (season is just July and August). Of course the whole thing seems so confusing since the Marmot dam removal. I keep hearing different stories about the Sandy/Salmon rivers up there.

Thanks

Actually I don't know. We did a job for some people who live on an island in the middle of the Salmon River. There are six homes there total but their's sits right at the islands point where the river splits. Anyway, they look right down on a perfect holding slot from their living room and they said they would call me when they saw fish. Well I havn't got a call yet. If and when I do I can let you know.

B
Bohemian
Thanks. I might go up there in a couple of weeks and take a look...it is so beautiful along the river that you can almost forget about fishing...not quite, but almost :)

J
J.T. Hook-Up
From what I've been hearin, even if you don't have a boat, the Big C is pretty hot right now. Heck, I've never plunk and I'm almost considerin it.