When do they start running?

J
jd15
When do the stealhead start running in the alsea?? Ive been waiting for the time and i know its coming up soon but when??

L
LuckyFisher
Also, what do you folks use for steelhead on the Alsea? Same stuff as for Chinook but on a smaller scale... ie corky's and yarn, bobber and eggs ect, but just with smaller hooks?

J
jd15
Yes smaller gear tiny corkies tiny pieces of yarn, i use size 4 hooks thats just my prefrence im sure theres other methodes and preferences

O
OnTheDrop
Whenever they decide to return from the ocean... :popcorn:

B
Bgunder
SteelmonKiller20 said:
Whenever they decide to return from the ocean... :popcorn:

Hahahaha:D

P
plumb2fish
The next real rainstorm will bring steelhead into most of the coastal rivers.....there are already a few around here and there....

M
mosd
usually around mid december is when they start showing up there around town of alsea, as plumb said upbove next big rainstorm will bring em in

troutdude
troutdude
My pops always hit it, the day after Thanksgiving, and there were almost always fish up to the hatchery by then. But, it totally depends on the rain. Right now, the Willy @ Albany is nearly as low as it was in the summer!

Raincatcher...I think it's time for you to do another rain dance!

W
Will-amette
When do the winter steelhead numbers start falling? Are they still running in good numbers through early spring?

H
halibuthitman
Will-amette said:
When do the winter steelhead numbers start falling? Are they still running in good numbers through early spring?
steelhead season has barely started.. lots of time left

J
JeannaJigs
Didn't know they could run, I thought they just swam.