What is up with this creek?

M
metalfisher76
SteelmonKiller20 said:
no fish with metalfisher? Thats odd. hooked 33 steelhead up there in the past two weeks.. im down to guide you? ha ha ha

At`s a purty good # thar! I know a couple of very skilled EC guys(aside from my 40hour work week self;) that haven`t done that well, yet. I`m outta the # game this season:( 1 or 2 days a week won`t do it.

Haven`t seen ya??? At`s weird ;):D

M
metalfisher76
alm21 said:
Might be because of the smell of skunk I've been carrying around. I'm just bad juju ;)

Naaah.... We saw 2 very good anglers yesterday with the same story. Timing/the stretch you pick on any givin day is everything. I walked up above there for an hour after you guys took OFF. Saw 1 lil ol feeshy and he saw me.

O
OnTheDrop
metalfisher76 said:
At`s a purty good # thar! I know a couple of very skilled EC guys(aside from my 40hour work week self;) that haven`t done that well, yet. I`m outta the # game this season:( 1 or 2 days a week won`t do it.

Haven`t seen ya??? At`s weird ;):D

Yeah its been a blast man. yeah i know im not fishing up high anymore... I can't stand hiking down then back up. I've been fishing the lower creek and find it much better and with way more quality fish. I guess im lucky to be 19 and not have to worry about work. ha :cool:

H
halibuthitman
SteelmonKiller20 said:
no fish with metalfisher? Thats odd. hooked 33 steelhead up there in the past two weeks.. im down to guide you? ha ha ha
must be using uv micro jigs....

M
metalfisher76
M
metalfisher76
halibuthitman said:
:tongue:pllplpllpllplplpllpllllplllpllllppp:D

O
OnTheDrop
Wooly bugger jigs under my float... FISH ON!!!!!!!:cool::cool::cool:

G
Growbug
SteelmonKiller20 said:
Wooly bugger jigs under my float... FISH ON!!!!!!!:cool::cool::cool:

Now that we know that, can you please inform the fish.
By the time they get to the section I am fishing, they have forgotten. Must be the new Hatchery ADD Steelhead

A
alm21
SteelmonKiller20 said:
I guess im lucky to be 19 and not have to worry about work. ha :cool:

Keep taking advantage of that situation! You'll need to work soon enough to fund your habit.

M
minnowmagnet
You don't have to work and you catch all the fish...what a life!
I've got nothing but skunk on EC so far this year. From what I have learned from the experienced EC anglers I have talked to is that it is not rewarding to fish this creek if you can't see the fish you are fishing for. If you don't see anything move on to another spot. I have gotten tons of excersize and not a single fish following this simple rule, but it is probably true nonetheless. It seems some people can see the same fish through the same pair of glasses that people like me can't. It is a superpower reserved for the most stubborn and successfull steelheaders. I come home from Eagle Creek each time totally exhausted and my girlfriend will say "what are you so tired for, all you've been doing is fishing all day?"

O
OnTheDrop
minnowmagnet said:
I've got nothing but skunk on EC so far this year. From what I have learned from the experienced EC anglers I have talked to is that it is not rewarding to fish this creek if you can't see the fish you are fishing for. If you don't see anything move on to another spot. I have gotten tons of excersize and not a single fish following this simple rule, but it is probably true nonetheless. It seems some people can see the same fish through the same pair of glasses that people like me can't. It is a superpower reserved for the most stubborn and successfull steelheaders. I come home from Eagle Creek each time totally exhausted and my girlfriend will say "what are you so tired for, all you've been doing is fishing all day?"

not sure about that... i catch all my fish because i dont see them. I just know where they hold. Usually if i can see them they can see me... not sure who told you that one :cool::cool:

O
OnTheDrop
alm21 said:
Keep taking advantage of that situation! You'll need to work soon enough to fund your habit.

Yeah i was working a lil bit im running outta money so i will have to get a part time soon.

S
skunk
minnowmagnet said:

Yeah, that creek is tough, but I still like it up there. If I could get one then i'd be rejuvineated! Just passing on what others tell me, 'keep at it'.

M
metalfisher76
SteelmonKiller20 said:
not sure about that... i catch all my fish because i dont see them. I just know where they hold. Usually if i can see them they can see me... not sure who told you that one :cool::cool:

It`s pretty simple. Give `em a second. They have a brain the size of a bread crumb. Frontal lobe is non existent. They don`t know what they were thinking 5 seconds ago, be stealthy.
Just because you can`t see them in that crick, certainly doesn`t mean they didn`t see you at some point.:cool::cool:

BTW: I`m not the one who told him that. But I see a lot of my fish. And in spots I can`t see them, they can most certainly peek a glimpse of me from time to time. Especially as I approach.

Last edited:
S
skunk
metalfisher76 said:
It`s pretty simple. Give `em a second. They have a brain the size of a bread crumb. Frontal lobe is non existent. They don`t know what they were thinking 5 seconds ago, be stealthy.
Just because you can`t see them in that crick, certainly doesn`t mean they didn`t see you at some point.:cool::cool:

BTW: I`m not the one who told him that. But I see a lot of my fish. And in spots I can`t see them, they can most certainly peek a glimpse of me from time to time. Especially as I approach.

Sorry, didn't mean to infer that you told him that, i was saying the '''keep at it''' theme is what a lot of people tell me.

M
metalfisher76
O ya! That was not typed at you bud, by any means.... just sayin...:)

GO ARRRRR KANSAS! even though I`m down:D

F
Flymstr
minnowmagnet said:

I don't know who told you to move on if you don't see a fish. Probably someone just trying to get you to move on down river. Take it from a vetran of this creek, you have to fish everything to be successfull on this creek. The ones you don't see will be more likely to bite anyway. Don't always listen to everything you hear. The most successful Steelheaders did not listen to others. They learn the water, and the fish, and then they put together a method all their own that works for them. I believe every good Steelheader fishes in his or her own unique stlye. Although it may be nearly identical to other methods, it is all their own. I fish with some good fisherman on this creek, and eventhough they fish from different angles in the holes and use different fly's, we are doing the same thing, with nearly the same results, but we are all just slightly different. We all have the style that best fits us. Those that follow the crowds will only learn from the masses, and that is not where the good ones are.

F
Flymstr
SteelmonKiller20 said:
Yeah i was working a lil bit im running outta money so i will have to get a part time soon.

Work??? what the hell is that?

M
metalfisher76
Flymstr said:
Work??? what the hell is that?

Again.....pffffffft......