Weekend review

M
metalfisher76
Friday my brother and I headed up to enjoy the fruits of April. Lot`s of action with chrome blasting through, some stopping long enough to look at a fly. I had the 1st take and he was not happy
My brother had a nice dance with one but it was short lived. I took this hatchery a bit later and let my bro go for it. While I waited Greg (a friend from the area) showed up and got into this lil fishy
Bro had a couple more short strikes that had fish off faster than they were on. Since he worked the night before it was time to go. But not a bad morning, we were gone by 9am.
Saturday was Bigsteels day to treat his dad to the best shot at steel he can get As you know from bigsteels post lilsalmon started off and it was nice to see an average steel on that lil 6wt.
Here is what that looked like :shock::lol: She`s got this steelhead stuff down I tell ya. I had a hand on it, being native and not her 1st I opted against the net, before it came free on the LDR. The fight was all but over and we counted it
Up next was Daves dad, Randy. It was way cool to see and hear the excitement from his boy during and after this fight Although Randy had never caught a steelhead, he must of fought some bruiser trout on the fly. As well as payed attention to the fights he witnessed earlier in the day. He handled that fish with skill! I feel as though I`m supposed to be somewhere!

Raincatcher
Steel Slayers!

Steel Slayers!

What an awesome day for you and the rest. :clap: Wish I could have been there to watch the action. You guys aren't going to be able to contain Rose now. She is a certified STEEL SLAYER!! :yay: :yay: On a 6wt no less! :lol: Congrats to all,especially Dave's dad! :clap: :clap:

B
bigsteel
what an awesome day bro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

C
Cohosanders
:clap:Nice Report and nice pics. as well.Steelies on the fly is something I have yet to experience.

B
bigdog
That's great you guys. Hey anything on the fly I have yet to do but then again I don't get my fly rod out to much and it's a 5wt I think so not sure it would be smart to take it out for steels or salmon. Oh hell why not that might be some fun.

CJ

N
nwkiller
that sound like an epic day , nice job on all the chrome

F
FishAssassin
That's some nice chrome! :clap:

O
OnTheFly
I just KNEW that 6wt had to be hurt'n.

L
lilsalmon
What an awesome feeling that is.....especially when your homemade egg pattern is hangin out of its mouth when it jumps right in front of you...what a rush.....

I have to admit my spinners and pole are sure feeling neglected right now...took it out today to get the dust OFF of it and sure was different....

I have to give Metalfisher a lot of the credit...he is great.

And thanks Bigsteel

T
Thuggin4Life
Those are all some nice fish and plenty to go around.

C
civicfun
looks like a lot of fun with a fly if you dont mind me asking where is that about i have been trying hook into one on a fly and i am new to the site. trout get boring on a fly.

N
nwkiller
looks like a lot of fun with a fly if you dont mind me asking where is that about i have been trying hook into one on a fly and i am new to the site. trout get boring on a fly.

would you give up that spot?...lol j/j

O
OnTheFly

WTF?

C
civicfun
what river? but i understand about secret honey holes. if its to good let other members fish it.