Walter Wirth?

G
GoneFishin2134
So you could still take out a 12' boat with electric motor only, correct?

L
lilsalmon
I am going to be there in the morning..... I havent had one on since the last one I caught at Wirth....maybe see some of you there.

A
autofisher
rainbowfisherman said:
Great fish! Were there any other smaller fish put into the lake?

They stocked it last week with 1700 fish. Most of them are anywhere from 12-16 inches.... with a few larger trout also thrown in. Yesterday they backed up and dropped off 60 brooders. I only saw maybe 4 of those caught. So they're out there.

I won't be there this morning. I've got a date with some chrome on a little creek.

And yes, you should be able to take a 12 foot boat out with an electric motor..just don't be surprised if you get conflicting stories and someone tells you to row.

Y
yakker2
electric motor use

electric motor use

got email for marine board: walter wirth is electric motor only.this rule was adopted in 2009. Enjoy. I saw a sign at the boat launch yesterday that says electric motors only.waiting for minn kota power station to arrive by ups. I need to put numbers/letters on boat.have tempoary permit,tags not here yet.waiting for better weather so maybe next week it will all come together and I can try trolling.

Last edited:
T
The Nothing
someone already noticed that i've spent a little bit of time out there this month. Nothing this week though. Two weeks ago I saw a ton of brooders on the fishfinder, but not so much last week. Saw the 1650 12+'s they put in there, minus the five the ()*%()@#* for brains was snagging right next to me while I was putting the yak together.

They've put a lot of fish into that pond, but it does get a ton of pressure.

As for what you can use, I'd go with ODFW rules over OSMB in this case. Wirth is only 20 acres. If you can't paddle from one end to the other in 5 minutes, then you're doing something wrong.

FWIW, I do have this tip when fishing from the bank. On the west side, try to stay within 50 yards of the dock. Either north or south. Most of the big fish I've seen are south of the dock. The pond drops quickly here, and if you can cast 60' then you'll find yourself in 20' of water. If you can get to this, then float your bait up 2' off the bottom, you should be getting into the fish...

A
autofisher
Probably hittin up the Wirth in the morning with a friend or two. Anyone else goin?

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
autofisher said:
Probably hittin up the Wirth in the morning with a friend or two. Anyone else goin?

Yo momma! :D

L
lilsalmon
i will be there in the morning....have to work but have time to wet my line a bit.....see you there

L
lilsalmon
autofisher said:

Any luck after I left? No pics? I was hopin to see a guy with wrap around shades laying in the dirt with a pole sticking out of his arse......:lol:

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
No luck & no broken jaws

No luck & no broken jaws

lilsalmon said:
Any luck after I left? No pics? I was hopin to see a guy with wrap around shades laying in the dirt with a pole sticking out of his arse......:lol:

:lol: :lol: No luck getting anything but tangled with everyone's line. That guy was something,wasn't he? He actually called the Parks Department to complain about my contained fire,hoping to get me in trouble like some third grader. Needless to say,after I challenged him and we all stood up to him,he didn't come back to do the same stupid thing. He did come over later to apologize!! Said he just didn't recognize me and didn't know I would get that upset...duh! He stood quietly in one spot and fished by himself. I'm guessing he will think twice before trying to be a jerk just because a stubby,grey haired granny is fishing nearby and looks like she can be pushed around or intimidated. He ended up shaking hands with me and Autofisher,Fluffyfisherman just sort of grunted at him and he slinked away with his macho tail between his legs. Sorry you had to see/hear that. I'm usually much nicer and calmer. Let's get together again somewhere.

B
bigsteel
way to go barb,,,kickin some arse!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool::cool::cool:

L
lilsalmon
hah...that was great...glad he got put in his place. Still trying to think how i missed his tail...macho? Anybody that squeezes in like that and casts over someones head....should be home feeding the guppies and cookin up some safeway fillets.....Now I know what the cell pics were for....nice fire by the way...I am going to keep my eye out for a canner pan....:D looking forward to fishin with you again...when I dont have to work and can stay longer....

troutdude
troutdude
Good grief! I've been thinking about fishing at Wirth lately, but not if it's a bloody combat zone!!!

I'm one of the most mild mannered fishermen you'll find out there. I even share my tackle and bait, and show others how to catch 'em. It's a great way to make new friends.

BUT, if an idiot slipped in right next to me and cast over my head...he'd have gone for a cold dip in the lake! :naughty:

Glad you handled it the way you did Barb. You came out the winner!!! :clap:

Moral of this story...use a tube, toon, raft, boat, etc...but don't fish from the bank this time of year--unless you wear your S.W.A.T. gear! :shock: (no wonder I prefer places of solitude)

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Don't push the Grey Panther's around...

Don't push the Grey Panther's around...

troutdude said:
Good grief! I've been thinking about fishing at Wirth lately, but not if it's a bloody combat zone!!!

I'm one of the most mild mannered fishermen you'll find out there. I even share my tackle and bait, and show others how to catch 'em. It's a great way to make new friends.

BUT, if an idiot slipped in right next to me and cast over my head...he'd have gone for a cold dip in the lake! :naughty:

Glad you handled it the way you did Barb. You came out the winner!!! :clap:

Moral of this story...use a tube, toon, raft, boat, etc...but don't fish from the bank this time of year--unless you wear your S.W.A.T. gear! :shock: (no wonder I prefer places of solitude)

I was in total disbelief when he walked between Fluffyfisherman and myself,after he stepped over my tackle box,and proceeded to cast his line. I wasn't two feet from him! :shock: This is the first time anyone has done that at WW and I just couldn't believe he was doing it. We tried to talk him out of it and he ignored us. Sooo,I walked up to his elbow and informed him that if he just touched me with his rod or hook I was throwing his arse in the water. :mad: The fool actually snickered and said "Just go back to yacking with yer boy there"! He was referring to Sergio...you have to know that Sergio is about 6'4" and as wide at the shoulders as my van! :naughty: I pointed out that Autofisher is my 'boy' and Fluffyfisherman is my friend. Needless to say,Autofisher's hackles went straight up along with FF's.:mad: I never backed off and he must have gotten rattled because he totally fouled his reel and kept informing me that if I touched him it was an automatic seven days in jail. :lol: He cast out one more time just to show he was 'da man' and then went over on the other side of Autofisher. He didn't last long there...:naughty: It would have been different if it were crowded,but there were only five others there beside the three of us. I know some peeps are very territorial about what they perceive as their private hole,but that was ridiculous! I will go back and whether I am with my two favorite body guards or alone I will not back down. I do not encroach on someone else's space and do not allow them to do it to me. Think I'm just too old to learn that trick! Come on out,I'll fish with you any time. Just look for the stubby grey haired grandma having a great time. :dance:

A
autofisher
I usually do my best to keep my mouth shut. If I can't, well Raincatcher's usually there to smack the back of my head, and tell me calm down. Not this time. I hate it when someone gets to me like that, and it pretty much ruins the day of fun for me. Unless I catch a fish, then it's all good. I apologize for the colorful language that was displayed. Like I've said before, there's a great reason I don't usually fish in town. Walter Wirth is a decent place to fish, as long as people use ethics and coureousness. If they don't..... good chance someone's goin swimmin.

B
bigsteel
ilike colorful language:)

troutdude
troutdude
"I was in total disbelief when he walked between Fluffyfisherman and myself,after he stepped over my tackle box,and proceeded to cast his line. I wasn't two feet from him! This is the first time anyone has done that at WW and I just couldn't believe he was doing it. We tried to talk him out of it and he ignored us. Sooo,I walked up to his elbow and informed him that if he just touched me with his rod or hook I was throwing his arse in the water. The fool actually snickered and said "Just go back to yacking with yer boy there"! He was referring to Sergio...you have to know that Sergio is about 6'4" and as wide at the shoulders as my van! I pointed out that Autofisher is my 'boy' and Fluffyfisherman is my friend. Needless to say,Autofisher's hackles went straight up along with FF's. I never backed off and he must have gotten rattled because he totally fouled his reel and kept informing me that if I touched him it was an automatic seven days in jail. He cast out one more time just to show he was 'da man' and then went over on the other side of Autofisher. He didn't last long there... It would have been different if it were crowded,but there were only five others there beside the three of us. I know some peeps are very territorial about what they perceive as their private hole,but that was ridiculous! I will go back and whether I am with my two favorite body guards or alone I will not back down. I do not encroach on someone else's space and do not allow them to do it to me. Think I'm just too old to learn that trick! Come on out,I'll fish with you any time. Just look for the stubby grey haired grandma having a great time."

Dear Grey Panther,

Based upon your detailed analysis, in terms of the way that you [and your peeps] responded to the situation, I would find it much wiser to tangle with a fully grown Grizzly Bear; snarling at me and backed into a corner! Did that moron really have a chance against all 3 of you? :wall:

It's quite obvious that his elevator doesn't make it to the top floor. He ought to be thanking his lucky stars that he wasn't drinking pond water!:shock::yay:

Thanks for your kind offer to drown some power eggs w/ you sometime. I'm not very scary looking, and can always use a grandma-sized body guard! :lol:

NOTE TO OTHER BODY GUARD...no harm no foul my friend. I'd have been highly tempted to fire off a round of not-so-tasteful lingo too!;)

J
jleepga
Anyone been out here lately?

B
beaverfan
Do a search for "walter wirth" there have been a bunch of recent reports.

H
Hawk
Raincatcher said:
I was in total disbelief when he walked between Fluffyfisherman and myself,after he stepped over my tackle box,and proceeded to cast his line. I wasn't two feet from him! :shock: This is the first time anyone has done that at WW and I just couldn't believe he was doing it. We tried to talk him out of it and he ignored us. Sooo,I walked up to his elbow and informed him that if he just touched me with his rod or hook I was throwing his arse in the water. :mad: The fool actually snickered and said "Just go back to yacking with yer boy there"! He was referring to Sergio...you have to know that Sergio is about 6'4" and as wide at the shoulders as my van! :naughty: I pointed out that Autofisher is my 'boy' and Fluffyfisherman is my friend. Needless to say,Autofisher's hackles went straight up along with FF's.:mad: I never backed off and he must have gotten rattled because he totally fouled his reel and kept informing me that if I touched him it was an automatic seven days in jail. :lol: He cast out one more time just to show he was 'da man' and then went over on the other side of Autofisher. He didn't last long there...:naughty: It would have been different if it were crowded,but there were only five others there beside the three of us. I know some peeps are very territorial about what they perceive as their private hole,but that was ridiculous! I will go back and whether I am with my two favorite body guards or alone I will not back down. I do not encroach on someone else's space and do not allow them to do it to me. Think I'm just too old to learn that trick! Come on out,I'll fish with you any time. Just look for the stubby grey haired grandma having a great time. :dance:

Way to gett'um Grannie Rambo

heehee

hahahahaha

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:cool::cool::cool::cool:

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

"Make My DAY" says Grannie