Videos for single-hand spey casting?

B
BlueWater
I lost two flies in some brush behind me yesterday and started looking for videos to show me how to do a single-handed spey cast. I can't find any that give me instructions. Know of any that will tell me something about the technique?

P
perfectg03
S
Spydeyrch
Look for Jeff Putnam's (sp?) videos on single handed spey casts. Good videos!

-Spydey

B
BlueWater
perfectg03 said:
I went to youtube and typed "single hand spey casting" and the first video is an instructional video. Not sure where you are looking, haha..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kqeuH6jA5Y

I'd found this one, but to someone as ignorant about the technique as me, he's flailing around wildly and not explaining anything. It contained a valuable tip on a good line to use, but not much on the mechanics of the cast. Thanks, 'though. I appreciate the link and if I learn anything, it will be a video I'll go back to watch again.

B
BlueWater
Spydeyrch said:
Look for Jeff Putnam's (sp?) videos on single handed spey casts. Good videos!

-Spydey

Thanks.

S
Spydeyrch
Here's a cool one: The Voodoo Cast. Fun to watch and play around with but I don't see it as very practical. There are other, much simpler casts that do the same thing. Take a look.

[video=youtube;RG4bSn-YSE4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RG4bSn-YSE4[/video]

-Spydey

B
BlueWater
Spydeyrch said:
Here's a cool one: The Voodoo Cast. Fun to watch and play around with but I don't see it as very practical. There are other, much simpler casts that do the same thing. Take a look.

-Spydey

Thank you, Spydeyrch, but I'm afraid that I'd end up with an elegant but impeneratble knot, or with the hook in my eye, or both. :) I understand the one-handed spey cast is a good solution for those times when you don't have room for a back cast. I ran into that situation for the first time yesterday and am looking for a way to cast if it happens again. I was about as deep in the stream as the gentleman in the Voodoo Cast video and couldn't pull off a roll cast that would carry any appreciable distance. I tried an elevated back cast (shown in Orvis videos) and put the fly into the trees.

I appreciate the video, however. Thanks again.