uv proven to me

K
Kodiak
Derek said:
In the summer when the water is low and clear i always use darker colors and smaller corkies. Sometimes they will go for anything but when water is low and clear they seem to get a little more skiddish. I use a lot of black with a little chartruse starting usually late july. Like I said sometimes they will take anything. If you can see the fish just start drifting stuff there way and see what color they want. Usually stuff like UV works better for winter fish when the water is colored not sayin it wont work this time of year but there is realy no reason to use it when water is low and clear.

Oh contrair. Every thing that a steelie, nook, or 'ho's eat in the ocean has its own unique UV signature. It has been proven repeatedly that these fish use this as a means to hunt prey. If for example you were used to eating food that say glowed and someone offered you food that didn't would you be more apt to eat it? (rehtorical) probily be more hesatant. However if that same food was presented in a way that you were used to seeing and in the mood to eat you would most likely chow down. Low clear water won't put fish off of UV..If you follow fish behavior thier day to day activities will actually maximize UV's qualities to continue to give these predators the upper hand. (see hiding in the shade..which polerizes UV light..making UV reflective objects brighter..deeper water...same)

D
Derek
Im just sayin I have better luck with darker colors the only time I use UV is when the water is high or colored but people catch fish on all kinds of colors anytime of the year don't get me wrong the UV is awsome I just personally do better with more mild colors when the water is low.

D
Derek
Forgot to add I will use brighter colors if fishing coastal rivers high water or low water but im usually fishing the upper Mckenzie.

K
Kodiak
I run a black mini on brass with green or red UV and have been holding my own. The Springers right now are digging the green #4 minis with green UV on the north fork..Osmosis hit one the other day with me and so did I.

S
steelhead_stalkers
Also something doesn't have to be bright to hold uv like kodiak said you can use a black uv spinner and have the best of both worlds!

Top Bottom