Upper Willamette lookin good

F

Finneus Polebender

Drifted from jasper to alton baker yesterday with a friend . the water is up a liitle from normal flow ,but was in great shape. Only a few new obstructions and nothin hairy. We fished trout and a couple ponds for bass. Only had 1 bass hook up lost him at the bank , but man the trout were on fire . I really dont recall a time I have caught so many fish in 1 day. Granted a bunch were smolts but throwin a thomas bouyant made release no prob for all but a couple fish.I had several fine lookin 12-13 " fish and TT caught about a 13-14" cutthroat. What a first of the season trip.Saw only 1 drift boat the whole way down. Heres a few pics.

B

bernduffy

Nice going, FninMeister. And thanks for the pics: now I know how to clamp my Scotty rod holder. And it's very thoughtful of you to provide a pfd for your chair...wouldn't want it to drown!

T

TTFishon

Looks like you caught me chewing on my cheek in that second pic. Well there's one reason to quit that habit.:lol: Thanks for the trip. It was a stellar day on the water.

T

Throbbit _Shane

Awesome day on the water looks like. good job guys!!! :D

F

Finneus Polebender

This float is a blast however would not recommend the last leg for real greenhorns, D st ramp down under I-5 through UofO foot bridge rapids part anyway. there are a few parts in there where a person could get wetter than theyd like! We will do it again soon will post it if there are any of you interested in joining us sometime? Its basically a perfect day float w/stops for food ,stretchin , warmwater fishin ,etc. Strap coolers and dry bags sometimes even camp chairs to the toons and make a day of it. This time of year as you see in the pics neoprene is helpful.

T

Thuggin4Life

That loks like a blast. tried it from jasper to cleawater a few years back in rafts and could buy a bite. I want to to some floating a bit higher up and a bunch of get out and fish. Maybe even swin to were i am thinking who knows. Below D street is a bit swirley. I make sure my anchor holds before I kill the motor when I take the boat right above the bridge. Next time you guys go out I might want to go.

Top Bottom