Umpqua with a prop?

J
jimbo48
I have a 19 ft boat with 115 hp merc and also a 9.9 kicker. both with prop. Is it possible to fish above tide water with a prop if I find a place and anchor up? I have done this down on the Rogue, but have to be very careful with the shallows. Also how far above Reedsport do I have to go to be able to do this?
Thanks, Jim

T
Tacomasteelheader
I would not really take a prop in the umpqua because its such a boat eater. You could hit some places around scotts burg boat ramp and below if you hit the tides right because on low tide it gets ultra shallow at the ramp and any where from about a 1/2 mile pass the ramp down is pretty deep for a long long ways. Couple other places ive taken a prop personally but thats only because i know the river( go there during summer)

B
bythesea
there's about maybe a mile stretch above the bridge if your careful and stay in the channel you could fish it.where your going to need a jet is when you need to go around a HOG-LINE that's about 3 or 4 boats anchored next to each other in the channel.can't get their early cause their anchored there all night long lets just say there's some pretty territorial fisherman in there......I'll try and leave it at that!! I think anchored about 300ft above or below is courtesy there.

Last edited:
J
jimbo48
Thank you guys. I just drove up to Scottsburg and there were four or five boats up there. Talked to one man and got some more info too. Thanks for the replys.
Jim

E
eugene1
LOL.

You can take your prop up past the scottsburg ramp about a mile or so as mentioned. go slow until you figure out where the house sized boulders are.

Best,

bythesea said:
lets just say there's some pretty territorial fisherman in there......I'll try and leave it at that!!