Tune up and flush

F
fishtales
The wife text me that her dad's boat needs a tune up and a flush before we use it this summer for a week vacation. What am I in for? Any help please!

E
eugene1
What kind of motor is it and how big?

I'd just back it into a launch and start it up to see if there's anything wrong with it first.

Z
ztubs
fishtales said:
The wife text me that her dad's boat needs a tune up and a flush before we use it this summer for a week vacation. What am I in for? Any help please!

I just posted for this type of work, but you're looking at replacing plugs\wires, pull the carbs take all the fuel bowls off check for varnish (if so, rebuild the carbs, take jets out, ect.) if its EFI (newer) then you shouldn't have a problem with fuel, other than a dirty fuel filter and at most a clogged injector(s) (oil)2stroke.. Special things for 4strokes, oil. Check out the prop for play, slight is alright. Make sure all the lights on your trailer work, check tires, air pressure. Depending on what type of motor it is, you can go down to your local boat shop and grab one of those things you hook to your garden hose that clamps the intake for cooling.

F
fishtales
eugene1 said:
What kind of motor is it and how big?

I'd just back it into a launch and start it up to see if there's anything wrong with it first.

It is an older boat. As far as I can tell it was winterized after it was used last, but it has bad gas in the lines.

F
fishtales
Ztubs: Did you post on here about this?

Z
ztubs
fishtales said:
Ztubs: Did you post on here about this?

Yessir, Gave my 2 cents on what needs to be done. I mean the guy is lettin ya use that boat, fix problems, clean it up, do the maintiance and tell them thank you very much and that shes ready for ya when ever you are ready to use it!

F
fishtales
So its been longer than expected but we got the boat on the water. We ended up replacing the cap rotor batery and new gas. Finished the day on the water. Not bad. Thanks for responding.