Tualatin River advice?

B
Big3d
G'Day OFF!

I live about 2 min. from Browns ferry park in tualatin. I was wondering if anyone has any advice on spots where i can fish this river between West Linn and Tigard, I've hit the usual locations cook park, Browns ferry, fields bridge, I have no boat so bank spots would be good, or advice on bait, I'm over nightcrawlers in that river, I've been running plastics weedless and spinners (those last 5-15 min in the tualatin snags) I'm mostly after Bass and lately very little luck. a few weeks back I pulled a smallie on a plastic worm but other than that nada, i'd like to get into other panfish, perch, whatever. any thoughts?

GungasUncle
GungasUncle
Rooster tail spinners, mepps spinners, and panther marten spinners. Senko worms, and small rapala floater-divers. Otherwise I stick to flies for everything but carp in that river. Sounds like you're also hitting up what there is for bank access. You could get a float tube - that'd open up a lot more water to you, and get you on some of the best fishing spots.

B
Big3d
Thanks, thats pretty much my tackle box on your reply I wish i could afford a float tube. Bought a raft earlier this year but now it doesn't hold air.

H
Hendo30
Did you ever have any success? just curious if you ever fishing the Tualatin after your post or more recently in October? I was thinking about giving it a try for Bass before it gets to cold out.

B
Big3d
I've been out in many spots but mostly getting Pike Minnow right now, I did pull in a smallie downstream from the dock at browns ferry, beware though the river closes monday so you'll have to head down to the willy after that.

Reactions: beaverfan
H
Hendo30
Thanks, by the way Big3d. Much appreciated.