Trusty ole Lava

C
cowboysfan
Monday Me and my son finally hooked up for a day of fishing (been over a year). If the fish were biting that would be a bonus. Now that my son is grown we never seem to get together and as a father I really miss the times we fished together! This trip He did catch a nice one 22" 4lb. the fishing was steady all day long with a fish prolly every 15 min. We brought home the ones that would not survive for dinner and released all others. we totaled around 30 fish average size was around 12-14, did not see anyone working flies but the fish were feeding on top like crazy! If any one likes to fish Big Lava there is some really good fishing happening!

Troutski
Troutski
Sweet, I love that lake in the Spring..... great pictures; thanks for sharing...:clap:

Chuck

S
steelhead_slayer
Nice I work. I have never had any success there from the shore. The couple time I tried at least

O
OnTheFly
Your report came just in time. I will be there either Sunday or Monday. Nice to hear the bite is on.

C
cowboysfan
Sinkline said:
Great job!

My wife and I have had excellent success fishing off those same lava rocks you are on in years past!

Is the trail cleared that leads around the lake or does it still have lots of blow-downs across it?

Randy

They had just went through with a saw, you could ride a bike through there and never have to get off.

S
sunsalem
cowboysfan said:
They had just went through with a saw, you could ride a bike through there and never have to get off.
There is actual trail around Big Lava????
Heck, I didn't know that.:cool:

C
cowboysfan
it takes off at east side of the boat ramp and goes all the way to velveeta point, maybe further thats the farthest i have went

S
sunsalem
cowboysfan said:
it takes off at east side of the boat ramp and goes all the way to velveeta point, maybe further thats the farthest i have went

Wow, I've never noticed it....
Thanx for the info.

S
sunsalem
Sinkline said:
Did you know there is another trail that takes off at the same spot and cuts straight across to Little Lava? Short hike to the NW corner of Little Lave and bank fishing opportunity.
Funny thing is, I have seen the "trail" on maps but haven't been able to find it.:doh:
Guess I should have asked at the little store there.

Climbing over the rocks isn't as easy as it used to be.