Trout fishing near Silver Falls SP...?

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
I am going to be camping at SilverFalls SP in mid-June and might get to sneak off and toss some lures/flies for trout from the bank of a creek, I would appreciate any suggestions for a good location close to the state park... cheers, roger

P
PNW Sam
From the Res. upstream to the confluence of the N. and S. Forks of Silver creek you can keep two per day. Above the confluence, it's C&R. Downstream of the state park, there is a tiny bit of BLM land at the property line, but everything else is private land and a long ways from the road as well. Your only options are in the State park as far as the trails go, or at the Res.

Edit: There are dozens of access points around the campgrounds and road/ trail crossings. Just find a good, secluded deep run or hole where the fish haven't encountered people playing in the water.

Last edited:
troutdude
troutdude
Abiqua Creek is also nearby. Has small trout.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
thanks guys, I just got approval to spend a few more hours away from camp, so I think the N. Santiam is where I am headed....

troutdude
troutdude
Good choice. There's summers in there too; so hope you have your salmon/steel tag.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
troutdude said:
Good choice. There's summers in there too; so hope you have your salmon/steel tag.

for sure, I have my regular and hatchery tag, just now starting to put together a kit of spoons, spinners, plugs/wigglers, and a couple apexes just for fun... and I just came across a blue/silver 2/5oz little cleo, an old one with the Wigl Lure/dancing girl on the back, but since I also have some new double bend spoon blanks of about the same size that just need some color tape and hooks, I'm not sure if the classic old one is actually going into the water...

troutdude
troutdude
rogerdodger said:
and I just came across a blue/silver 2/5oz little cleo, an old one with the Wigl Lure/dancing girl on the back,

Awesome. I recently found two of the originals in chrome...and only $1 each too. They are thicker and heavier, than the ones made today (probably overseas).