troll'n 4 trout

Troutski
Troutski
I will be offsetting my cost this weekend...

I will be offsetting my cost this weekend...

I am going out this weekend to offset my expenditures even lower, fishing, boating, parking ramp and fish in the freezer..yes I will be keeping fish this weekend, my other half has chosen to stay home so it is Brookie time. Mmmm I love those fresh water fish on the BBQ with a side of rice and a very cold adult beverage;) I can taste it now, watch I will probably get skunked:confused:

Chuck

T
Thuggin4Life
Yeah i feel the same way but if the money goes to a good cause then oh well just have to make more trips to get my money worth oh and fishing in the winter is the best.

F
fishhead
Trolling with a rooster tail

Trolling with a rooster tail

I have had the best luck trolling with a pink or green Rooster Tail.

F
fishnquest
First good trip in the boat

First good trip in the boat

We went to the big lake Wednesday, and it is huge. The dam is 319ft high, 3,000ft long, abt 9 miles long, lots of fingers,etc.
Water was 74-75 deg f. Lots of deep water, over 100ft deep in the main bodies; the shoreline is mostly vertical. We (my wife likes fishing too) spent 4hours on the water, 3pm to 7pm.

Tried trolling with rapala behind a diving sinker, but it was too much for the rod I brought. I will try that again with a little heavier rod.
Tried trolling with just rapala and different lures, but they seemed to just stay right at the top of the water, so I used a 3way swivel and added 1/2oz, then 1oz weight at different times with no idea what the rig was doing behind me.
We found some nice coves with tree cover and small schools of nice size fish showing on the finder. The water in the coves was typically 50ft deep! We drifted and casted with Mepps Agila and rooster tails.
Never got a bite. We did get distracted with exploring the lake, too and had a great time.
My brother sent me a care package from Utah with Vance's Dodger action flash, a bunch of Mepps Syclops and Aglia, and a Deep Six diviing sinker. We are looking forward to going back for more and try to be on the water when the sun comes up.
This is the nicest, cleanest lake I've found close to home (Lake Sonoma, Geyserville, I'm the guy from waaay out there).

Thanks for all the help, everyone. I sure do appreciate this site.

T
Troutier Bassier
How deep were fish showing up? I know some Rapalas dive to 40'

F
fishnquest
Troutier Bassier said:
How deep were fish showing up? I know some Rapalas dive to 40'

The fish were between about 30ft to 70ft. I got a couple rapala deep tail dancer 4 3/8", supposed to go up to 30ft deep. I'll try that tied directly to 8lb mono next week. I'm going to the ocean this week...need to get rid of the skunk.

T
Troutier Bassier
Or the Trout Farm
Its Impossible to get Skunked there,
Unless you..... Really...... REALLY Suck at fishing.

F
fishnquest
Troutier Bassier said:
Or the Trout Farm
Its Impossible to get Skunked there,
Unless you..... Really...... REALLY Suck at fishing.

:lol:I'll report in a couple weeks...