The most worthless place to fish...maybe?

C
chrisohm
So today wasn't bad to start off with, besides all the Duck and Beaver fans on I-5. I caught a blue gill in about 5 min with a Blue Fox spinner. Then I heard of what pond they stocked trout in and went for it! I got a few bites here and there. The bad part: my son wasn't listening and I was pushed out of my spot by some Russians who were overfishing their limits. This jerk caught his limit in 20 min and continued to pull in more and called his friends over basically pushing me out of the spot I had.

So my question is Where can I get in some good Bass fishing without being overcrowded by jerks? What ponds are better for bass at St. Louis Ponds? I live in Canby...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

M
Markcanby
Try going over to St. Paul there is a nice lake over there with nice fish I hear. I have not had any luck but have not been over since it warmed up this spring.

C
chrisohm
There is Connor Lake and Horseshoe? Which one do you mean?

T
The Tightest Line
St Louis is kind of a joke now. I used to go there a lot but the people who are jerks there ruin it for everyone. U can try ponds by the willamette by the independence bridge,

C
chrisohm
I will have to check out that bridge sometime soon. I also drive over the Santiam via I-5 and wonder about the rest stop next to the river. Is this a good place to fish?

M
Markcanby
A
adambomb
Go down to Molalla River State park and fish the little pond with a dock on it. There are largemouth bass, bluegill, black crappie and an occasional warm mouth.

C
chrisohm
Go down to Molalla River State park and fish the little pond with a dock on it. There are largemouth bass, bluegill, black crappie and an occasional warm mouth.

Do you mean the neatly hidden little pond on your left when you enter? I never knew there were fish in there. I have never seen anyone fish there, ever. I have fished off the tires by the boat ramp with no luck, just testing out some spinners. I got my line tangled while a bass jumped 12' away.

M
Markcanby
Yeah thats the spot. I told Adam he was crazy but there are fish in there. Not much good now cause all the weeds. Better early spring pond before everything warms up.

C
chrisohm
Yeah thats the spot. I told Adam he was crazy but there are fish in there. Not much good now cause all the weeds. Better early spring pond before everything warms up.

I will have to keep that in mind. Not to get off subject but what about spots along the Mollala River? I have seen some bass here and there jumping around at dusk from Molalla River State Park all the way to goods bridge. I hear it may be a good spot for some steelhead and salmon....