The Crooked is on fire!!!!

S
spmpdr
I was out there today for about 3hours and caught over twenty fish of all sizes!!! i stopped counting after 20!!!! It literally got to the point that i would let the fish try to unhook himself because i was tired of reeling in and unhooking them !!! What a great day!!! All were hooked on a size 18 griffiths nat or this other fly that i dont the know the name of but i will post a pic so some one else can identify it.

download.jpgdownload (1).jpg2012-03-22_15-07-02_HDR.jpg

brandon4455
brandon4455
nice redbands!

F
FlyBum
Good job :clap: I'm glad to hear that you've been doing well over on the Crooked.

M
Modest_Man
Anyone know of a place to camp out near the Crooked? I was thinking about heading out there for a few days during "spring break".

F
FlyBum
There are PLENTY of campgrounds out there all along the river down below the dam. They are all pretty nice you should have a good time. Just remember to pack for warmth and rain/snow :)

L
lilsalmon
Good job!!!

M
Modest_Man
FlyBum said:
There are PLENTY of campgrounds out there all along the river down below the dam. They are all pretty nice you should have a good time. Just remember to pack for warmth and rain/snow :)

Man, I was betting on flip-flops and shorts. :(

F
FlyBum
Just saw the local forecast, gonna be wet! :(

S
spmpdr
Yes as fly bum said , There are a lot of campgrounds but pack for rain /snow. As soon as i can ill get a pic of the pattern i used and post so that you guys can see it. By the way fly bum your rainbow warrior patterns were slaying them as well as the black /gold midge pattern as a dropper off the griffiths nat. Thanks again.

B
bigsteel
great fish man,you are definitely getting dialed in!!!!!!!

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Dang it! That's the kind of fishing day I've been dreaming about. You just lived my dream...:D Way to go!

J
jabs67
Vey nice!!

L
lilsalmon
I'm ready to go again!!!!

S
spmpdr
Heres the fly i used fly.jpg sorry about the pic its got a black body with a big white hackle and red tail . Worked killer

brandon4455
brandon4455
renegade

S
steelhead_slayer
thats what i thought too

F
FlyBum
spmpdr said:
Yes as fly bum said , There are a lot of campgrounds but pack for rain /snow. As soon as i can ill get a pic of the pattern i used and post so that you guys can see it. By the way fly bum your rainbow warrior patterns were slaying them as well as the black /gold midge pattern as a dropper off the griffiths nat. Thanks again.

Ya man, your welcome! :)