The Beaver and the Duck

R
ryan808
Since the bass fishing is pretty much turned off, I figured I post another project. I got asked to build a pair of spinning rods; OSU :dance: and a UofO :tongue:. Ill keeps the posts up as the build goes along.

• DSC00109 small.JPG
  • DSC00115.JPG
Reactions: JeannaJigs
S
salmon_slayer87
How much for a 9' medium action duck rod? Haha.
They look really good.
Dale

troutdude
troutdude
Orange n' Black all of the way man! Nice.

T
TTFishon
Nice!!! Lookin forward to the final product.

R
ryan808
I had to start with the beaver rod first :dance:.Got the guides wrapped and ready to epoxy. I went with a simple trim, nothing fancy.

T
TTFishon
Lookin good!

R
ryan808
Got both rods build up and ready for the decals. I finally figured out the new imaging software I got and started messing around with some decals. I printed these of some water slide decals.

R
ryan808
Anyone have an idea on font types used for each school?

Last edited:
T
tomriker
not sure about the fonts, did you get em figured out already? I like how in the background of one of the pictures i see OFF on the computer screen :)

H
hawgcaller
Gotta get the kinks out on the Beaver rod huh? Go Ducks!!!

H
hawgcaller
By the way, what are the details on your rods(i.e. blanks, guides, grips.) I need to buy a few rods, send me a pm if you are interested in a new projects. Thanks.

R
ryan808
Lol, I made sure the beaver rod got more attention.

R
ryan808
Finally got the chance to finish the rods and take some pics before they get sent off. I was thinking minimal, but I think I went over board with the decal.

T
TTFishon
Nice job!!! Those look awesome!!!

T
tomriker
to bad they're spinning rods :lol:

R
ryan808
V
veilside180sx
No guessing what those rods represent...lol

C
ChezJfrey
ryan808 said:
Finally got the chance to finish the rods and take some pics before they get sent off. I was thinking minimal, but I think I went over board with the decal.

Overboard? Not a chance. I've gotta believe that anyone asking for either of these rods...that's exactly what they want :)

Nice work.