The banks

L
Liphooked
So the Columbia river is a tough one from the banks. I have plunked around the eastern side of Chinook landing with no luck. I was thinking around the 205 would be better? Any suggestions would help. I like to drive with-in 90 mins of Gresham to fish if I have too. I have been to warrendale was wondering if that was a better spot then Chinook landing? Spoons. I see people use one spoon and only one spoon, why? Wouldn't be better to use multiples? Bass (Lunker) These guy interest me for the sport of it. I don't want to keep them. What time should I be targeting these specific size bass (3 to 10 pounds) What kinds of lures? A good place to start? I'm very enthusiastic about fishing and love the many combinations that one can create to get a fish to bit. It's a new world.:cool: Good luck lines tight. If you feel like P.M.ing me please do.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Hope you don't mind, I moved your thread to the bass forum. It should get more attention and responses here with all the bass fisher folk hanging out.

T
Troutier Bassier
Chinook landing has plenty of bass around! the eastern part is good, but try behind the wing dam (which is the wooden poles that stick out of the water in a straight line) Spoons are good but also try lures such as spinners and crankbaits.
Plunking can be a good method if you do it in the proper place. Downstream of the wingdam I mentioned is the best spot at Chinook Landing to plunk in my opinion! Use worms!
Good luck!

I
igquick
Troutier Bassier said:
Chinook landing has plenty of bass around! the eastern part is good, but try behind the wing dam (which is the wooden poles that stick out of the water in a straight line) Spoons are good but also try lures such as spinners and crankbaits.
Plunking can be a good method if you do it in the proper place. Downstream of the wingdam I mentioned is the best spot at Chinook Landing to plunk in my opinion! Use worms!
Good luck!

I tried that before except i never tried the worms....i didn't catch any

L
Liphooked
Will give it a try! Thank. @ barb thank you. I will have to find how to get back down there. I have seen that spot from marine drive and thought gee that looks like a good spot. Never went in there though.:rolleyes::think:
Troutier Bassier said:
Good luck!

T
Troutier Bassier
igquick said:
I tried that before except i never tried the worms....i didn't catch any

Worms dude...

L
Liphooked
He is right. worms. Lures seem to scare them off if they don't bit right away. The worm finds them and then you can drop something on their heads, which for me has made them bite hard. At least when they are spawning. Over the next week or so because of the full moon I hear they will be spawning again. The first spawn happened for the bigger bass now once the full moon comes the second wave will spawn. Is this about right? I have made a couple sun fish spinners (just nail polish paint to mimic the sunfish color.) I had a big bass jumping in Salish ponds. ( I never see fish jump in there unless it is stocked.) Now I just need to know how to make them want to bite and i'll be onto lunker bass:) Lines thigh. Thanks for the help. Hopefully I'll spark an idea for the rest of you that will help. A question about sents. The coon shrimp juice is just boraxs right?
Troutier Bassier said:
Worms dude...

O
orkfest
I fished the Dalles area hard with tube jigs below the dam..area looks horrible, but there are a lot of nice smallies there. Below the first bridge downstream of the dam works well too. Try same are for C & R of big sturgon. Now tru end of August works well.

P
PTownAngler
Try going to Marine Drive just West of the 205 Bridge.