Tangling lines? L shaped spreader/or 3 way swiveL?

D
Danny662boy
i need some help in tying my L shaped spreader for plunking on the banks of the columbia... the two ends have swivels on them, and the third end does not (which goes to main line, leader, weight) also i've been having some problems with my lines tangling when using a 3 way swivel? any ideas, suggestions?

troutdude
troutdude
Maybe this will help.

spreader bag diagram for plunking.jpg

D
Danny662boy
Thank you seems fairly simple... Since braid is ok the reel would that cause the 15lb fluro carbon leader to tangle? Or what?

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
Danny662boy said:
Thank you seems fairly simple... Since braid is ok the reel would that cause the 15lb fluro carbon leader to tangle? Or what?

are you running that 15# floro leader for just the last 20"?

D
Danny662boy
I have some rigs with spin and glows that I tied that are about 24-36 inches which are attached to swivels with snap locks

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
Danny662boy said:
I have some rigs with spin and glows that I tied that are about 24-36 inches which are attached to swivels with snap locks

if the flouro is twisting and that is leading to the tangles, I would switch to bead chain swivel and keep that last bit of leader to 24" or less. if it is just tangling otherwise, maybe try going to 20#....

P
Poulsen Cascade
The leg of the spreader that has been wrapped around the main shaft of the spreader is usually the one without a swivel. It is intended for the lead dropper. The main shaft should have a swivel at both ends so as to give you a straight-through line of pull. Tie your mainline to the swivel at the end that has the lead dropper off-set and your leader to the other swivel.