Suggestions: mounting cooler on 15' Smokercraft

B
BobbiDollPDX
We've got limited space on the Smokercraft and are thinking of ways to mount the cooler off the gunwale so it's completely out of the way.

I thought I'd ask here and see what types of solutions others have come up with.

Thanks in advance :)

L
lilsalmon
Sorry Bobbi, I have no idea.....hehe

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Hmmm, all of the planters hanging from the railings at my apartment building makes me think something like that might work...? :think:

Chromatose
Chromatose
Depends on the type of SmokerCraft you have bobbi. I have seen coolers installed in benches, under seats. In the Bow or Transom mounts. But to date I have yet to see a cooler mounted on a gunwale. I did how ever mount a small cooler on a 14` Starcraft transom. I looked for a old swim platform. Removed the treads. Screwed in the main platform to the transom. 2 bungies later and VOILA, cooler!!! Or you could just take some swim stairs and remove the Gunwale hooks, Screw them to the cooler and hook em over the Gunwale? IMO, the Transom mount was the ticket for my needs. Just had to make sure the cooler didn't impede the turning radius of the boat was my worry. So I could not install a 165 gallon cooler on a 14` boat........hehehe

Last edited:
F
fixyourdns
OK I had to....
cooler.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: colt
C
cddunn
fixyourdns said:
OK I had to....

Too bad it doesn't double as an anchor puller. :)

B
BobbiDollPDX
Chromatose said:
Depends on the type of SmokerCraft you have bobbi. I have seen coolers installed in benches, under seats. In the Bow or Transom mounts. But to date I have yet to see a cooler mounted on a gunwale. I did how ever mount a small cooler on a 14` Starcraft transom. I looked for a old swim platform. Removed the treads. Screwed in the main platform to the transom. 2 bungies later and VOILA, cooler!!! Or you could just take some swim stairs and remove the Gunwale hooks, Screw them to the cooler and hook em over the Gunwale? IMO, the Transom mount was the ticket for my needs. Just had to make sure the cooler didn't impede the turning radius of the boat was my worry. So I could not install a 165 gallon cooler on a 14` boat........hehehe

I don't think we have room on the transom. We have some ideas, I just thought I would throw it up on the forum since we have so many creative fisherpeeps. I figured the worse thing that would happen is I would get flamed by someone who thinks mounting coolers on your boat is unethical or something equally silly.

B
BobbiDollPDX
T
tomriker
i've been trying to figure out a way to mount my homebuilt livewell to the transom, and just drill holes in it.. that way it fills with lake water... circulates on its own while we are drivin' around and can hold on my fish! still working on the logistics... YOUR THREAD HAS BEEN JACKED! RAWER

B
BobbiDollPDX
tomriker said:
i've been trying to figure out a way to mount my homebuilt livewell to the transom, and just drill holes in it.. that way it fills with lake water... circulates on its own while we are drivin' around and can hold on my fish! still working on the logistics... YOUR THREAD HAS BEEN JACKED! RAWER

lol, that's funny and sorta genius at the same time. You must be a Rocket Surgeon.

T
tomriker
or just a farmer with too much time on his hand and a shop full of tools at my disposal :D