Suggestions for mountain lakes for next week

H
HappyToBeHere
Hi -
New here from Texas and have been drooling at the prospect of doing some trout fishing. Looking forward to some salmon fishing too but will wait until I get a boat. I've read good things about Diamond Lake and thought I might drive there for the day sometime next week. I thought I would try two rods with power bait, one on the top with a bobber and bottom fish the other since I have no idea where the fish are. If I'd be better off at another lake, I'd appreciate the info.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Welcome to the forum! I would definitely head to Diamond Lake! But, that's probably just because it's been on my bucket list for a while now. :D I'm sure more folks will chime in with recommendations once they get back from fishing. Please come back and let us know where you went and how you did when you get back. We love fish stories! :thumb:

hobster
hobster
Diamond is awesome, and a beautiful drive from Roseburg! There are lots of good lakes between Bend and Diamond lake, but you should check out Diamond if you haven't been there yet. If you plan on fishing 2 rods at once, you might need a permit. I'm not sure about the regs down there, but it is required around here so check ODFW to be safe. There is also some awesome trout fishing in the McKenzie, right in your backyard. Good luck!

A
amnis
Diamond is a great lake and I would recommend it. I like your plan for bobber and bottom fishing but I would also try spinners or spoons. In the mornings the Spinners can produce many many more fish than powerbait. In my past at least ;) .. Good Luck!

troutdude
troutdude
Diamond is a good bet. So is Lemolo, which is close to Diamond. Lemolo also has browns. Good luck, and welcome to OFF!

S
sapo
Diamond lake, mirror lake, clear lake, lost lake

L
lizzay
A little ways for you perhaps but North Fork Res in Estacada is getting a stocking this week I think. I've been going to Faraday to kill time. Havent skunked there the last 5 times. Limits 3 times. They seem to like garlic scent.