Sturgeon retention

S
steelie_killa
Whats this i hear....they raising the limit to 2 sturgeon after april 1st? Am i reading that right?

Casting Call
Casting Call
Not all year!

Not all year!

I read One Day Only!

T
the_intimidator03
They Regulations are printed up with a season limit of 2... however it was changed to a limit of 1 per year... if anything as changed other than that (which I doubt) you would have to go online to check for updates.

S
steelie_killa
I dont kno..kinda confused because its a March 21, 2013 posting from ODFW website..

March 21, 2013

SALEM, Ore. – Oregon fishery managers announced today that the statewide annual bag limit for sturgeon will go to two fish effective April 1, 2013.

Since Jan. 1, the annual statewide bag limit has been one legal white sturgeon total for all zones statewide. According to Steve Williams, ODFW fish division deputy director, the increased bag limit is in response to a recent decision by the State of Washington to set its statewide annual sturgeon limit at two for 2013.

“The concurrent regulations should eliminate the confusion about how many sturgeon can be retained by anglers with licenses from both Oregon and Washington,” Williams said.

“While the new bag limit in Washington isn’t scheduled to go into effect until May 1, we understand the state is considering a temporary rule that would push up the effective date to April 1 to match Oregon’s action,” Williams added.

Fish that have been caught and retained since Jan. 1 will count toward the new two fish bag limit.

J
JeannaJigs
Yeah I got that email with the updates. Still one a day, but now two annually but there's specific closure dates and general reg chaos, so know before you go and double check the dates...blah I think they should just leave the sturgeon alone to c&r. They're gonna be extinct in our lifetime.

Casting Call
Casting Call
Ya! What JJ said. :(