Stolen boat!! *please view* Not a member's boat!

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Sticking to the topic...

Sticking to the topic...

Back in the last century(no,not a century ago:naughty:) when I was a contractor I kept ALL my tools in the canopy on my truck with a tarp covering them. I had my "living" in there. I got home a bit late one evening and just parked on the street instead of pulling into the drive and locking the gate. Big freaking mistake! :doh: I went out the next morning to jump in and go to work...the truck was not out on the street...wha?? :shock: check the driveway just in case I was more tired than I remembered...nope not there either! :think: It took a moment to sink in...some turd swiped my truck with all my tools! :protest: Called the police and was shocked as well as mad as hell because at that time they were too busy to even come out and take a report. Told me to check out the local pawn shops and used tool stores for my tools. I found some of my tools in a tool store on Powell Blvd. and three weeks later the police called to say they had found my truck. Cool! Well,cool until I had to pony up $125 to the tow company :mad: Found out later that the turds who took my "living" were a family of career thieves and all had warrants. My point is simple: if you care,lock it up because if you're careless someone else will lock it up for you...don't leave valuable things where some turd can see them or get to them. :naughty:
Thanks y'all for sticking to the topic and not getting sidetracked with goofball threats and meanderings...:D

O
Outdoor_Myers
Ok most people are against the death penalty due to "religious beliefs" but I always toss in there that back then there was the death penalty and slaves where told on the christian side to obey your master. Seperation of church and state was there for a reason, people are supose to look beyond their religion and see what is best for our nation as a whole, but they are unable to do so or they would see that the billions we spend each year on inmates that money could be used better elsewhere like in our economy giving aid to needy families, and what not. Why does it cost 200k to kill someone because its humane?! what was so humane of what they did to deserve the death penalty. Anyways I hope Ol boy gets his boat back and we can have a fun debate about death penalty elsewhere sorry for the hijack.

B
bigdog
Turds :lol: Love the name choice Barb :lol: You crack me up. I hope they get his boat back for the guy but sad to say or think it isn't going to happen. They were able to find the other things that are a lot smaller so one would think they should have found the big boat by now if it was still around to find. That sucks.

C
capblack
I wonder how much it would cost to have lo-jack (I think thats what its called) put on a boat? So you could have the police find it the second you noticed it was gone? Seams like in a boat that expensive, it would probably be worth it. Just a thought. But about the death penalty.. just kidding. I hope theres some way they find his boat sooner or later. I think if he was an OFFer instead of that other place, he would have had a better chance of finding it:D

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
troutmasta said:
Capital punishment doesn't work this is why:
The idea of deterrence presupposes rationality and premeditation on the part of the murderer.
*ding*

Troutski
Troutski
Bummer

Bummer

Total bummer Zen....now I know why you were late to Red Hills....
Best of luck and stay focused ....

Chuck

G
gjonesjr
wow thats so messed up someone needs to die i hate thiefs.

H
halibuthitman
Outdoor_Myers said:
Ok most people are against the death penalty due to "religious beliefs" but I always toss in there that back then there was the death penalty and slaves where told on the christian side to obey your master. Seperation of church and state was there for a reason, people are supose to look beyond their religion and see what is best for our nation as a whole, but they are unable to do so or they would see that the billions we spend each year on inmates that money could be used better elsewhere like in our economy giving aid to needy families, and what not. Why does it cost 200k to kill someone because its humane?! what was so humane of what they did to deserve the death penalty. Anyways I hope Ol boy gets his boat back and we can have a fun debate about death penalty elsewhere sorry for the hijack.
you would kill a man over an alumaweld?? harsh... its also hard to take a rant seriously that is so political and of the cloth.... don't you think that you should at least use spell check to raise the stock of your commentary?

Last edited:
A
autofisher
So, with the basic mob mentality, remind me to not tick OFF the forum as a whole..... I know you guys' will show up with pitchforks and torches.

I don't agree with the theft.... I don't think being a thief is at all honorable or anything to be proud of. I also don't believe that someone should be put to death for taking someone else's property unless it was a life or death situation in the first place. If they find the thief.......let the owner of the property ( or a representative of the owner) have three rounds with the person...

The reality of the death penalty is that yes, it is more expensive in the long run to put someone to death. The reasoning behind the statement is this. All of the equipment and lawyers and yadda yadda yadda to make sure that we're not violating someone's basic rights against cruel and unusual punishments. It also means that the person being executed can not be used in the prison system to do basic work that the prison system relies on to try and stay a little self sufficient. They grow a lot of food for themselves and they do provide a cheap labor for a lot of government agencies while they're locked up. The loss of the money from people not being able to capitalize on cheap labor counts towards the cost of the person being executed...... if that makes sense.

Shoot me if I'm wrong. This isn't what this thread is about. I hope the guys gets his gear and boat back. I also believe that the thief that did it should be caught and brought up on charges.

T
travis_lightner
hope all works out for you and your loss i could only imgine what i would do if i found the guy . good luck

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
I have seen these types of arguments a lot lately. Individuals claiming thieves should have their hands cut off, marked for life somehow, put to death blah blah. These are the types of things they do in countries like Saudi Arabia and the like. I am walking a thin line by making the claim that intellectually we are far 'better' in a lot of ways, but we are. We have more morally sound standards in how we treat women, children, the sick, poor etc, and the criminal faction of our society is still another part of our society. If we allow degradation in moral standards that pertain to how we treat other persons within our society, that decay will expand. History has shown us that it always does.

G
GDBrown
Don't Steal

Don't Steal

This seems to go on and on. I have stayed out of it and watched from the sideline... I'll put in a small two cents worth and watch some more.

Every political and religious entity has at it's core a code of law or ethics, whatever you want to call it, that is based in some fashion of the "Ten Commandments" rule that says "Thou shalt not steal". So every society frowns on this type of behavior. How they enforce it is what is sometimes troubling. The best I can do is "NOT STEAL" and teach my kids and grandkids to "NOT STEAL" Think how much good would come from that if we all did "NOT STEAL".

GD

troutdude
troutdude
I thought that this issue had died about a month ago.

But GD, you have said it well.

S
stream2.5
actually scrap aluminum in that quantity is about 700 bucks..... and i bet it was scrapped out... tell ya waht, once it is settled out and you get the gear and motor back ( about 5 months or so) give me a call and ill help get you set back up better than you were before for less than anyone in the NW.

S
stream2.5
halibuthitman said:
you would kill a man over an alumaweld??

id kill someone over a set of tires... so your damn right i would...... thiefs are the worst retched pieces o crap on the planet... all should die...

B
bigdog
stream2.5 said:
id kill someone over a set of tires... so your damn right i would...... thiefs are the worst retched pieces o crap on the planet... all should die...

I wouldn't want to get a boat from you, late one a payment you come for my first borne child:lol:

T
TTFishon
bigdog said:
I wouldn't want to get a boat from you, late one a payment you come for my first borne child:lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

F
fishingfreak
I hope You get your Boat and gear back Brother! That Sucks! A little story for you guys who think killing people over property is easy to deal with. True Story, Back in 1997 I was a Federal armed guard, going through State police tactical, and working the graveyard shift. My wife kept telling me strange things were happening at night in the neighborhood, Dogs barking, Cars broken into, Homes broken into, people walking in our yard at night, and drugs moving into the area. I switched from graveyard to days after she told me her and the kids were so scared they all would sleep together in the front room. 3 weeks later one morning about 1:30am I heard something at my window. I looked up half asleep and there was a guy coming through my bedroom window where my wife would not sleep by herself at night. The thief obviously knew no one was sleeping in there. I took a double take he was 5 feet away from me. Next thing I knew he was trying to stab me with something and the fight was on. He stabbed me in the stomach with a screw driver he used to pry my window open. After a good scuffle and me putting the hurting to him he decides to go for the window as I was going for my 45. My gun was in a safe couldn't open it in time. I grabbed my knife and he was screaming and yelling for me to stop in a different language. He jumped or "fell" ( fell was my version) through the window and ran. All i could think about was my family. I checked with them and all was OK. My wife had already heard the fighting and called 911. They did there crime scene things and finally talked to me in the ambulance. There was a sawed off shotgun outside my bedroom window, the thief was going for it when I stabbed him but there was 3 peoples tracks outside my window, So he told me It could have been tragic for my family if I was not there. They followed the blood trail about a block away and it stopped where there was burnoff markes from the getaway car. The next day at work a detective comes to me and tells me they got the guy. His buddies did not take him to the hostpital they dropped him off on Marine drive and he blead to death. The news got wind of it and tried to make me out to be some hero. I did an interview and told them I was protecting my family and I was not trying to be some hero or kill the guy. The male interviewer told me at the end of the interview that, " I quote " Good Job Man" Got another POS drug addicted thief off the streets. I flew off the handle, told the guy off, and tried to explain to him how I was waking up everynight, having nightmares, questioning myself on how I could have handled it without taking another humans life. The interview was edited out on the news imagine that. I know now there was no other way. It was him or my family. Thank God it was him and my tactical training kicked in. Morale of the story is ladies and Gentlemen. I have been there and it is not so easy to live with after taking a life, there is not a day that goes by that i do not think about that morning. So before you say things out of anger, think about it is it really worth taking a life, cause I wish to God I could go back, change what happened, and the drug addicted thief was alive and in prison today. Killing them is the easy way out for them. Prison, getting help, learning there lesson, making a positive impact in the world, and having a second chance if granted is a much better alternative. Another lesson I learned is, my gun is under my pillow at night instead of in my safe! I just had to give my opinion. Have a nice day!

LA

LA

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Thank you for sharing such an amazing story. I know it must have been difficult to re-live during telling it. I agree 1000% with your sentiments. Taking another's life should always be the very last option. Certainly no material "thing" is worth a human life. Sorry you had to go through such torment,but knowing you saved your family will ease the pain and someday put the memory in the very back of your memories. Thanks again.

F
fishnquest
Thats an incredible story ff. It looks to me like you did the right thing and your conscience is clear or should be. Everyone has freedom of choice in their actions; that person made the choice to violate your home. We don't have freedom of choice when it comes to the conseqences of our actions. He learned that one the hard way.
If prison actually reformed anyone it might be a good idea. I don't mean to say it never does but its not working that way for the vast marjority. Its just a can where we store some people and provide employment for some others. I think prison mostly just makes people worse; you may have done the guy a favor. God bless.

Top Bottom