Stolen boat!! *please view* Not a member's boat!

F
fishkiller
Damn meth monkeys!! Have fun in the pokey boys.

C
capblack
its to bad what these meth heads will do for money these days. we need stiffer punishments to keep them off the streets.:think::think::think:..... IVE GOT IT!!! make sure your wheel jack is insulated and hook 120 volts to the trailer. that would bring them down off their meth high in no time:lol::lol:

T
troutmasta
capblack said:
its to bad what these meth heads will do for money these days. we need stiffer punishments to keep them off the streets.:think::think::think:..... IVE GOT IT!!! make sure your wheel jack is insulated and hook 120 volts to the trailer. that would bring them down off their meth high in no time:lol::lol:

Its illegal to boobie trap your own property.I know Lame-o...... What we need is education for the children in these broken homes.

O
OnTheFly
troutmasta said:
Its illegal to boobie trap your own property.I know Lame-o...... What we need is education for the children in these broken homes.

Well, you could say to the judge, after being charged with frying a boat thief from a 240volt phase to phase shock, "I thought I was hooking up the battery charger"

T
troutmasta
OnTheFly said:
Well, you could say to the judge, after being charged with frying a boat thief from a 240volt phase to phase shock, "I thought I was hooking up the battery charger"

;) 240 thats a big battery charger.

F
fishkiller
troutmasta said:

How do you know they are from broken homes? That is a bold assumption. It really could be many different reasons someone took it upon theirselves to steal someone elses property. My $.02

T
TTFishon
fishkiller said:
How do you know they are from broken homes? That is a bold assumption. It really could be many different reasons someone took it upon theirselves to steal someone elses property. My $.02

Hey wait a minute. Aren't you the one that assumed they are tweekers...... I'm just joking. It's probably a 95% chance that they are.

B
beaverfan
And it's been proven time and time again that most addicts come from broken homes.

F
fishkiller
TTFishon said:
Hey wait a minute. Aren't you the one that assumed they are tweekers...... I'm just joking. It's probably a 95% chance that they are.

I did say that and the chances are higher that they are addicted to drugs then coming from a broken home. Let's not split hairs here. I also read part of the post where the perps were parting out the boat and possibly cutting the boat up for scrap. Sounds like a tweeker to me, but I'm no expert.

F
fishkiller
beaverfan said:
And it's been proven time and time again that most addicts come from broken homes.

Where are your facts? This is turning into a peeing contest and it really doesn't need to be. The positives are, he is in the process of getting some of his propety returned. We can't phsyco-analize what was going through the mind of a soon to be felon.

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
I think the general danger of assuming 'most' addicts come from broken homes is then having the tendency to assume that very few honest or 'good' people come from broken homes and I don't think that's true. It certainly isn't fair to the people who have risen past their circumstance and found a way through.

O
Outdoor_Myers
Is the person going through a divorce? or cheated on their wife? or maybe the wife took it to *pimp my boat* or trade it in for something bigger and better to be able go out and go tuna fishing or something they really wanted? Or was it under finance and got repo? Why didn't they lock the boat down?

O
Outdoor_Myers
Sorry graphite I just read page 2 lol I tend to jump ahead of myself, I personally was hoping it was a joke being played on you or your lady getting you a brand new boat :D, I never had the luxary of owning a boat but from what I see how much they cost Id shoot the scumbag (its like steeling a horse) lol and Why can't one protect one's property? Where is the Punisher when we need him :( sometimes i honestly believe crime rates would drop if they knew there would be life threatining encounters and owners wouldnt be in fear of going to prision for killing someone who threatens their domain.

F
Finneus Polebender
GraphiteZen said:
I think the general danger of assuming 'most' addicts come from broken homes is then having the tendency to assume that very few honest or 'good' people come from broken homes and I don't think that's true. It certainly isn't fair to the people who have risen past their circumstance and found a way through.

No matter what having your vehicle for fun stolen blows ! Wont even begin to try and understand how an idiot can think he can sell anything like that without gettin busted! Will say I admire and apprieciate your attitude considering all youve been through and lost. Although more the exception than the rule , some people do turn their lives around.

T
troutmasta
GraphiteZen said:
I come from a very broken home and I am a great person. Assuming that one thinks that way is in fact an asumtion in its self, not nessicarily accurate. Great people come from bad homes and we all know some people who had money and structure and still chose to do nothing for themselves but sit at home and think lifes unfair. Its depressing.;)

Last edited:
troutdude
troutdude
hick said:
:mad::mad:
When we ridin? I Found that tall tree for'em!:)

Saddle up!

troutdude
troutdude
GraphiteZen said:

X 2. Well said! Not fair to pigeon hole people w/ a "blanket" statement like that one. I rose from the ashes of my familial mess.

troutdude
troutdude
Agreed!

Agreed!

"sometimes i honestly believe crime rates would drop if they knew there would be life threatining encounters and owners wouldnt be in fear of going to prision for killing someone who threatens their domain." - partial quote from member Outdoor Myers

I couldn't agree more. If we actually punished criminals, and they knew that they wouldn't get "off" the hook; I too believe that there would be less crime. And, a reduced need to protect our property / domain.

B
bigdog
troutmasta said:
What we need is education for the children in these broken homes.

troutmasta said:
I come from a very broken home and I am a great person. Assuming that one thinks that way is in fact an asumtion in its self, not nessicarily accurate. Great people come from bad homes and we all know some people who had money and structure and still chose to do nothing for themselves but sit at home and think lifes unfair. Its depressing.;)

Ok so I'm lost on this one one post you say it is someone from a broken home and then another you say no one should assume it was a person from a broken home so witch one is it?
But I do agree I came from a broken home raised by a single mother that went from boy friends that beet her to ones that beet me, I like to think I came out ok. There are plenty of people that come from broken homes and make the CHOICE to do something better with their lives.

Although I agree we should be able to protect ourself and our stuff as well I wouldn't agree that death is the proper punishment. If someone rape a person or killed a person in my family then that would be a different story for sure but death for a stolen item I don't think so. They should have a stiffer punishment for the crimes people do though to let them no they can't get away with it with a slam on the wrist.

CJ

Last edited:
T
troutmasta
fishkiller said:

I did indeed say "these" broken homes. I was referring to the idea of addicts that did come from broken homes. (assuming there addicts, as you did). What Im implying is Education is the key, at adolecense. Not the "lynch mob" mentality that haunts the shallow minded. Considering your damn meth monkey comment, I imagine you've made an assumtion on your own. Ive head you use term like 'they' and 'them' many times highlighting your desire to generalize and assume. As far as your comment to Beaverfan, its not a peeing contest but if you dont want your comments scrutinized (and trust me you dont) then dont scrutinize others. (thats a lesson I learned despite growing up in a broken home)
Heres some facts big guy.
70 % of long term prison inmates grew up in broken homes -(journal of early adolecence 1993)
Most social aberrations – namely higher levels of youth suicide, low intellectual and educational performance, greater mental illness, violence and drug abuse – are associated with father-deprived children. To these we can add, directly or indirectly, juvenile delinquency, drug addiction, prostitution, and a growing contempt for authority. -Harvard university press -1994
Dont throw stones if you live in a glass house- Thats my $.02.
.............or a broken glass house:lol::lol::lol: that was funny

Last edited:
Top Bottom