Stickleback bait.

troutdude
troutdude
It takes money to run a business. How many of them can actually afford to ship at their expense (i.e. free for the customer), and still remain a viable business? Most companies have no choice, but to charge for shipping. If they don't, then they wont' be in business for very long.

Another thing...he does not set the shipping prices or the amount of time that items take to be delivered. Those issues are totally up the Post Office, UPS, etc. I'll bet that he is not charging anymore, than what he is to pay for shipping. And he cannot control how long it takes the frickin post office, to deliver via snail mail.

I'm also wondering, if you have contacted the dealer directly to see what options can be worked out? I'm sure that you guys could reach some sort of a good solution if you give him a chance.

Last edited:
B
BobbiDollPDX
troutdude said:
It takes money to run a business. How many of them can actually afford to ship at their expense (i.e. free for the customer), and still remain a viable business? Most companies have no choice but to charge for shipping.

Another thing...he does not set the shipping prices or the amount of time that shipping takes. Those issues are totally up the Post Office, UPS, etc. I'll bet that he not charging anymore than what he has to pay for shipping. And he cannot control how long it takes the frickin post office, to deliver via snail mail.

I order stuff all the time and have it shipped ground, it takes 3-5 days. He is saying this is ground shipping but the reason it is so expensive is cuz of the materials he uses to ship it.

He shouldn't have OFFered free shipping to first time customers if he wasn't going to honor it.

Gunga
Gunga
It takes money to run a business. How many of them can actually afford to ship at their expense (i.e. free for the customer), and still remain a viable business? Most companies have no choice but to charge for shipping.

Another thing...he does not set the shipping prices or the amount of time that shipping takes. Those issues are totally up the Post Office, UPS, etc. I'll bet that he not charging anymore than what he has to pay for shipping. And he cannot control how long it takes the frickin post office, to deliver via snail mail.

ya your right. but i hope i can just get one jar to try it out.

troutdude
troutdude
BobbiDollPDX said:
I order stuff all the time and have it shipped ground, it takes 3-5 days. He is saying this is ground shipping but the reason it is so expensive is cuz of the materials he uses to ship it.

He shouldn't have OFFered free shipping to first time customers if he wasn't going to honor it.

OK. I see now. I do hope that you're able to work things out and can get what you wish.

D
daehleets
troutdude said:
It takes money to run a business. How many of them can actually afford to ship at their expense (i.e. free for the customer), and still remain a viable business? Most companies have no choice, but to charge for shipping. If they don't, then they wont' be in business for very long.

Another thing...he does not set the shipping prices or the amount of time that items take to be delivered. Those issues are totally up the Post Office, UPS, etc. I'll bet that he is not charging anymore, than what he is to pay for shipping. And he cannot control how long it takes the frickin post office, to deliver via snail mail.

I'm also wondering, if you have contacted the dealer directly to see what options can be worked out? I'm sure that you guys could reach some sort of a good solution if you give him a chance.

Spot on troutdude, Thanks. Ya being a one man show starting out i tried the free shipping thing for as long as i could have. i have payments every month just like the rest of ya. Also i use recycled shipping coolers to offer the lowest price on shipping that i can. I have a few stores in the works that look like they will carry my product by late spring early summer. so till then im just a dude that is loves to fish and thought i would offer somthing i found that works like a champ on the chromers and thought i would try selling to others that share my obsession, thankx Jake

B
BobbiDollPDX
troutdude said:
OK. I see now. I do hope that you're able to work things out and can get what you wish.

Well he apparently has enough business that he doesn't need mine so I am movin on. He should have taken down that post, then I wouldn't have had the expectation and the current crappy attitude about it.

He didn't take it down until I was trying to place my order and asked him to honor it.

Gunga
Gunga
daehleets said:
Spot on troutdude, Thanks. Ya being a one man show starting out i tried the free shipping thing for as long as i could have. i have payments every month just like the rest of ya. Also i use recycled shipping coolers to offer the lowest price on shipping that i can. I have a few stores in the works that look like they will carry my product by late spring early summer. so till then im just a dude that is loves to fish and thought i would offer somthing i found that works like a champ on the chromers and thought i would try selling to others that share my obsession, thankx Jake

Hey daehleets so i was wondering if it would be possible to be able to order one jar instead of having to buy 3. i want to try your product but i dont want to buy all three.

B
BobbiDollPDX
****UPDATE****

Dahleets and I have come to an agreement and I have placed an order. Since it can a couple of weeks for shipping, any reviews may take awhile.

Gunga
Gunga
Hopefully he will respond back to my PM soon.

B
bigsteel
sure is a lot of complaining for some plastic bait.i could see complaining if the product sucked,but none of you have even tried it,all your complaining about is how he chooses to run his business or shipping costs..BOOHOO if you dont like it then dont buy it.whining and crying to get free shipping is pathetic.Dahleets is definitely nicer then i am with all the bashing of his business on a public forum i would have told you to go to hell.

And you still placed an order after all the complaining???????????????

T
Throbbit _Shane
Steelhead will hit many many things. I wouldnt suggest buying bait for a outrageous price unless u really have confidence in it...

Tie yarn on a hook and you'll get into fish.... pretty cheap good way :d

B
BobbiDollPDX
bigsteel said:
sure is a lot of complaining for some plastic bait.i could see complaining if the product sucked,but none of you have even tried it,all your complaining about is how he chooses to run his business or shipping costs..BOOHOO if you dont like it then dont buy it.whining and crying to get free shipping is pathetic.Dahleets is definitely nicer then i am with all the bashing of his business on a public forum i would have told you to go to hell.

And you still placed an order after all the complaining???????????????

So if you went to the sporting goods store and there was a buy 1 get 1 free sign on something you wanted and you complained the manager, you wouldnt buy it if they agreed to honor it?

B
bigsteel
BobbiDollPDX said:
So if you went to the sporting goods store and there was a buy 1 get 1 free sign on something you wanted and you complained the manager, you wouldnt buy it if they agreed to honor it?

NO i would not,but i also would not go on to a public forum and bash someone for the way they run their business.

DID YOU GET THE FREE SHIPPING??????my guess is yes

B
BobbiDollPDX
BobbiDollPDX said:

I kind of missed a step in the scenario above, I took a pain pill this morning, somewhere in that equation prior to compaining to the manager, someone would have refused to honor the special.

B
BobbiDollPDX
bigsteel said:
NO i would not,but i also would not go on to a public forum and bash someone for the way they run their business.

DID YOU GET THE FREE SHIPPING??????my guess is yes

Well to each their own.

B
bigsteel
BobbiDollPDX said:
I kind of missed a step in the scenario above, I took a pain pill this morning, somewhere in that equation prior to compaining to the manager, someone would have refused to honor the special.

if they refused to honor it,i would walk out of the store and they would not have recieved a dime from me.
this could have been handled in a PM between you and him instead you chose to bash the way the guy does business in public.

B
BobbiDollPDX
bigsteel said:
if they refused to honor it,i would walk out of the store and they would not have recieved a dime from me.
this could have been handled in a PM between you and him instead you chose to bash the way the guy does business in public.

I know where this is coming from, I get it. Not gonna get into a pissing war with you. Knock yourself out.

G
GDBrown
I just checked his web site and found this:

"Our chromer catching concoctions begin with a steelheads most sought after food sources while maturing in the ocean. From there Stickleback Bait Company infuses a closely guarded mixture of a steelheads most desired scents and attractants."

From the looks of it he is using small squid with a "special" cure. I'm just wondering how hard it is to come up with a "Home brewed" cure that one could use on some locally purchased squid? I know the Asian food market near me has it at very inexpensive prices and it is used as bait all over the world.

Just a thought

troutdude
troutdude
I'm glad to see that this issue got resolved.

T
Throbbit _Shane
troutdude said:
I'm glad to see that this issue got resolved.

What issue? If the product is too expensive for you, move on.