Steelhead rod length

A
Airs98
P Line

P Line

Anybody tried that new PLine Hydrofloat for bobber fishing? If I understand correctly it was specifically designed for it.

O
osmosis
the hydrofloat works ok for the first few trips then the coating they put on the line to make it float screws up and it becomes garbage.

I use tuf line for big fish, and mono with mucilin for steelhead on my float rods.

G
GDBrown
Tuf Line

Tuf Line

osmosis said:
the hydrofloat works ok for the first few trips then the coating they put on the line to make it float screws up and it becomes garbage.

I use tuf line for big fish, and mono with mucilin for steelhead on my float rods.

I'm a Tuf line user also and have never had problems with it fraying on the rocks. I have it on both my bait casting rigs 30lb for float fishing fall nooks and 15lb for steelhead. I've never thought of mucilin on my mono line,:confused: I wonder if it would restore some of the float to my braided lines?

GD

O
osmosis
It definitely helps braid float, the braid will just lay on the surface like it does when it's dry.
Mucilin on mono is a great way to go to get smooth mends out of it.

A
Airs98
Thanks

Thanks

osmosis said:

Oh, wow! Thanks for the info. I was just about to splurge on this Hydrofloat stuff. I guess I will stick with the tuf line for now.