Steelhead reels

H
Herefishyfishy
I just got a Shimano Citica and have been super impressed. I paid just over a hundred bucks and love it. It has subtle adjustments you can make to cusomize it for the way you cast.

K
k12580h
The Revo sx is awsome. I also like the curados.

Reactions: OnTheFly
K
koboabe
schroegp said:
Got a new baitcasting rod for christmas. I figured you all would have a favorite reel to match with it so I'm looking for recommendations. It's a medium weight lamiglas rod I plan on using for steelhead. I've used a spinning rod in the past, and haven't bought a baitcasting reel in a while. Thanks for the help.
I have a Right handed Curado for sale... reel is only a month old and is in great shape.
I just picked up another Curado 2007E, but with a land handed crank.

I have not tried the Revo, but the Shimano is an awesome machine.
with the brake set correctly I rarely birdsnest and I am pretty novice.

T
Thuggin4Life
I have an older quantum 1420 that I haven't learned to cast but i use it for trolling and its a nice reel. I know a guy who used to use them on all his rods when he had a driftboat.

T
todd_brooks
I have to put a vote in for the Citica to. Couldn't bring myself to spend the money for the step above and have been very pleased with my 201E. No regrets!

S
schroegp
thanks a ton guys. I ended up going with the revo on ebay for $89. hope it gets here in time to break it in this weekend!

K
kfallscody
I got my revo this past Saturday from the ebay auction.. came WELL packaged and new. Very smooth.. now just need to go use it.. :)