Steelhead questions from a beginner wanting to respect the fish and

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
halibuthitman said:
it just seems most steelhead fishermen round up one from zero..
Most? :lol: :lol:

E
everett464
No offense taken, but I still didn't want to leave it hanging out there.

G
Grifter
"you could catch your first steelhead in about 3 casts on the Klickitat, John Day or big D right now.. **** the clack-"

..or if you have the time/means to head east in the direction of the Grande Ronde, seems a good place to cut your steely teeth.

T
troutmasta
Grifter said:
"you could catch your first steelhead in about 3 casts on the Klickitat, John Day or big D right now.. **** the clack-"

..or if you have the time/means to head east in the direction of the Grande Ronde, seems a good place to cut your steely teeth.

The reply with quote button will do for you what I just did.

G
Grifter
troutmasta said:
The reply with quote button will do for you what I just did.

I'm well-aware--thought I had, but when I posted it was gone, so I hit 'edit' and went old school. Besides, I have an aesthetic preference against the cartoonish speech bubble citation. I like the finer things.

M
MonsterRiverBass.com
Thanks for the posts everyone.

I have not yet had a chance to get out after any Steelheads but do plan on going soon. I did however, get into a few nice trout down towards Bend Oregon fishing East Lake.

2013-10-26 17.44.26.jpg

M
MonsterRiverBass.com
Now I am sort of undecided on where to go, lets say next weekend, on my 4 day weekend!

Someone please give me a nudge with a confident suggestion!

I also purchased some 1/8 and 1/4 ounce steelhead jigs. Should I run these or eggs?

O
OnTheDrop
East Lake is my favorite lake in Central Oregon Wes. Glad you could enjoy it.. There's some browns in there the size of salmon...

You could fish the deschutes with your jigs...BUT, if this rain bumps up the water enough you need to get to the coast for salmon!

B
bigboy70
i had a dream the other night about hooking into a monster steelhead now my destiny has been set and im hooked on the idea i have salmon and steelhead fished before only caught a handful of salmon and fought one steelhead i always had a wise old sidekick but now hes been gone and ive stuck with trout fishing the last few years wanting to get back into the big boys again any help where to start looking i live in oregon city area i know lots of places are close tryed high rocks a couple weeks ago along with eagle creek and didn't even see one hooked into a coho 3 weeks ago on sandy but i would love to get me a steelie i only have ever drifted corkies and yarn so im open to any suggestions about ne of it thanks for yalls help and hopefully see ya out on the river teying to get an idea of where to go sunday and what i need