Steelhead or rainbow trout?

T
TTFishon
troutmasta said:
Guess im a little late but......steelhead, river, duh.

Whatever dude

B
brian boyes
Bingo halibuthitman the law is law but thats a bruter rainbow that photo needs to be taken in and have a wall mount made what a beautiful fish!

Last edited:
M
Mad dog
Thuggin4Life said:
So why did the rainbow decide to go to sea in the first place???

Maybe it's for the same reason that the chicken crossed the road!!! :lol:

M
Mad dog
There's no way to tell for sure....but....I see a ton of late winter Native steelhead on the North Umpqua that look EXACTLY like that fish.

T
TTFishon
brian boyes said:
Bingo halibuthitman the law is law but thats a bruter rainbow that photo needs to be taken in and have a wall mount made what a beautiful fish!

A lie is a lie too. "Yes officer I caught this fish right here in the river and here's my tag" or " No officer, I caught this fish in the reservoir above, I don't need a tag for this fish" I like to think outside of that box that our wonderful government has created for us to think inside of.....Just sayin. ;)

T
TTFishon
Mad dog said:
There's no way to tell for sure....but....I see a ton of late winter Native steelhead on the North Umpqua that look EXACTLY like that fish.

Last edited:
B
baffledseaturtle
That looks like the Row

J
JeannaJigs
Holy shirt this thread is still goin lol. Wow. I forgot about those 'bows. Technically steel, by regs but I'd say it's a bow, still. Especially since I know where that one came from.

Last edited:
T
TTFishon
Man, I wish this thread would just die. lol

Reactions: JeannaJigs
M
mlw
Steelhead: genus: Oncorhynchus species: mykiss
Rainbow Trout: genus: Oncorhynchus species: mykiss
Same fish, just raised differently - like two brothers, one raised in Jersey City, NJ; one raised in Kansas - they are going to look and act a little differently because of environment.
Michael