Steelhead 2023 show OFF

Status
Not open for further replies.
S
SteelheadGuy
My son and I have been having a great season!

• 8F027EE7-39EE-4206-976F-1BEBFB6B69EE.jpeg
  • DFB995A9-7988-4EDE-937F-E5959B25C2E0.jpeg
  • FD7E3CF4-44B0-4C6F-9239-FB4EB72DF017.jpeg
  • D07BD2A8-E57B-48B3-95E7-039DA3FF624F.jpeg
  • CC22C8CE-29B9-4374-94E4-99F382BD55B4.jpeg
  • Love
Reactions: C_Run, scched, Diehard and 2 others
jamisonace
jamisonace
Found some decent fish this morning. Hooked 6 landed 3. Both these guys got their first steelhead on this trip.

Last edited:
Reactions: C_Run, Admin and O. mykiss
Trout Slayer_7
Trout Slayer_7
Made what is probably my last north coast trip of the season got this 33” wild hen on the swing

Reactions: C_Run, Admin, pcstock and 1 other person
jamisonace
jamisonace
More winter fun this morning. Off the water by 8.

Reactions: C_Run, EveryNow&Then, O. mykiss and 2 others
D
Discbrat1
Had a work event up in Portland, decided to hit up Eagle Creek on my way home. Did not disappoint.

20230428_180219.jpg

Reactions: Admin and O. mykiss
A
allforthefish
jamisonace said:
I've already heard rumblings that this year is starting out worse than 2 years ago. And 2 years ago was the worst anyone had ever seen.
It's devastating...

jamisonace
jamisonace
1st winter of the season. A few have been caught in my area since the water dropped. Not the earliest fish ever but I consider anything before January an early fish.

• Wow
Reactions: scched, Diehard, C_Run and 3 others
troutdude
troutdude
jamisonace said:
1st winter of the season. A few have been caught in my area since the water dropped. Not the earliest fish ever but I consider anything before January an early fish.
Good lookin' silver bullet right there! Enjoy.

A
allforthefish
jamisonace said:
I was up lake Creek Saturday but only found a couple old coho. I will try Siuslaw maybe this coming Saturday. I wouldn't mind driving a little to an earlier producing river but with as little as I know I should stay close.

jamisonace
jamisonace
Same friend different fish. LOL

We went 1 of 2 Saturday morning. Water was great. Lots of pressure. Didn't see any others caught. Didn't feel like there were many around.

Reactions: Diehard and troutdude
jamisonace
jamisonace
Fished a couple hours this afternoon. Lots of smolt bites but no adults until I called last pass. Had a double for a second but mine didn't stick. Landed this little 5lb scrapper. And found some good mushrooms to eat with our steelhead. 😉

Diehard
Diehard
Nice fish what type of mushrooms you eating kinda looks like amanita we managed 1 for 2 on a upper siletz float 2wks ago i lost one on a puffball we managed to boat a really nice 12lb fish

Reactions: jamisonace
troutdude
troutdude
jamisonace said:
Fished a couple hours this afternoon. Lots of smolt bites but no adults until I called last pass. Had a double for a second but mine didn't stick. Landed this little 5lb scrapper. And found some good mushrooms to eat with our steelhead. 😉
Those shrooms are either Amanita Muscaria or Amanita Pantherina...either can kill, if you're not uber careful.

jamisonace
jamisonace
Diehard said:
Nice fish what type of mushrooms you eating kinda looks like amanita we managed 1 for 2 on a upper siletz float 2wks ago i lost one on a puffball we managed to boat a really nice 12lb fish
The mushroom pic was a joke. Amanita Muscaria is hallucigenic if prepared correctly....and the steelhead was wild.

Reactions: scched and troutdude
jamisonace
jamisonace
1 bite 1 fish this morning. Another small one. Probably 5lbs. Still waiting for a good number to arrive it seems.

Reactions: Admin
troutdude
troutdude
jamisonace said:
The mushroom pic was a joke. Amanita Muscaria is hallucigenic if prepared correctly....and the steelhead was wild.
I mostly posted about the danger of death; so reader's don't get the notion to go out and eat some.

Admin
Admin
jamisonace said:
1 bite 1 fish this morning. Another small one. Probably 5lbs.
Someone needs to teach his buddy the longarm thingy. )

• Haha
Reactions: scched, jamisonace and troutdude
troutdude
troutdude
Admin said:
Someone needs to teach his buddy the longarm thingy. )
Good one fearless leader! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.