Springer recap 2013 (video)

E
eat, sleep, fish
With almost no rain this Spring in Southern Oregon, we had an up and down year for our Spring Salmon run (springers). The Army Corps of Engineers were constantly lowering and raising flows which would help the bite one day and hurt it the next. We still managed to find some extremely nice fish, despite an absence of hatchery keepers. Back Bouncing Pautzke Fire Cured eggs was our go-to method all year.

I definitely recommend watching in full screen HD...

Reactions: FishFinger
E
eugene1
will do...

eat said:
I definitely recommend watching in full screen HD...

E
eugene1
Just got done watching it... Damn bro!!! Sweet fish and the gopro footage is super sick especially the underwater releases!

Thanks much for the vid work!

E
eugene1
bump.. in case some of you OFFers didn't get to see this.

Best,

E
eat, sleep, fish
eugene1 said:
bump.. in case some of you OFFers didn't get to see this.

Best,

Thanks for passing it along. If you happen to make it to the Upper Klamath at all in the next month let me know. I'll be sure there's an open seat for ya.

E
eugene1
You going to Iron gate, eat? Funny my buddy wants to head up there in a couple of weeks with the drifter. 20 fish salmon days sounds like too much fun to miss out on this year!!!

If we do, I'll hit ya up for some info!

Best,

eat said:
Thanks for passing it along. If you happen to make it to the Upper Klamath at all in the next month let me know. I'll be sure there's an open seat for ya.

E
eat, sleep, fish
eugene1 said:
You going to Iron gate, eat? Funny my buddy wants to head up there in a couple of weeks with the drifter. 20 fish salmon days sounds like too much fun to miss out on this year!!!

If we do, I'll hit ya up for some info!

Best,

Yep we'll be there starting the 1st of the month. The fish have just arrived and I'm already getting reports of 5 fish days. By the 1st it should be game on. We're shooting for at least a triple hookup, and hopefully a quad this year. Doubles were too easy last year.

E
eugene1
Perfect! We'll have to at least meet up then, I don't want to take one of your seats as you'll be pretty full I'm sure!

I just checked out the regs for this year on the Klamath.. I'm pumped! Too bad we can't use our two rod stamp there like we can on the Sac, but it would probably be too much chaos anyway. Good luck with the triple or quad hunting!

Best,

Cal fish and wildlife said:
Klamath River Basin Possession Limits.

b. Klamath River from August 15 to December 31 and Trinity River from September 1 to December 31.
(i) 12 Chinook salmon.

eat said:
Yep we'll be there starting the 1st of the month. The fish have just arrived and I'm already getting reports of 5 fish days. By the 1st it should be game on. We're shooting for at least a triple hookup, and hopefully a quad this year. Doubles were too easy last year.

E
eat, sleep, fish
eugene1 said:
Perfect! We'll have to at least meet up then, I don't want to take one of your seats as you'll be pretty full I'm sure!

I just checked out the regs for this year on the Klamath.. I'm pumped! Too bad we can't use our two rod stamp there like we can on the Sac, but it would probably be too much chaos anyway. Good luck with the triple or quad hunting!

Best,

I believe the limit is 3 a day this year. With the tight quarters between boats it would become utter chaos with two rods. Up there it's literally just pulling into a spot that's long enough for your boat to fit with out the rod tips going into the boat in front of you.

A
alm21
I always enjoy watching your videos. Looks like some great fishing in S. Oregon.