Springbreak

R
radiation
Well, I got next week off but swmbo didn't so I am staying close to home with my 13 year daughter. I was planning on taking her to Lookout to take her fishing in the boat. I grew up in Dexter but never fished Lookout. I would appreciate any help to make her fishing trip fun. Baits, trolling tips, bottom fishing tips, and locations. It is all appreciated. :pray::pray:Thanks folks.
Bill

B
bd2cool
Hi and weclome to the LookOut Forum!
I am going uo to LookOut on Friday to start off my Spring Break.
I am going to try trolling with gold spoon and wedding rings-I will post on how I make out.
On the 27th we are going to have an OFF get together there-hope you can make it to that-should be a lot of fun.

T
Thuggin4Life
I troll close and far from the bank swithing it up as i go along. Can't tell witch bank or direction is best since they all produce fish. I like trolling spoons and fenders with worms or any kind of flasher and work. Trying to go out tomorrow so i will let you know how I do. Check the lookout section tomorrow night.

T
Thuggin4Life
Oh try to check the stoclking schedule your daughter might have more fun at dexter. When are you going up maybe you will see one of use out on the water.

B
bd2cool
Good luck to you Andy!

R
radiation
Thanks folks. I am not sure what day we are going. If you see a red 17.5 foot Sea Nymph, that's us. Someone at work told me they have had decent luck trolling in front of the dam.
Thanks again,
Bill

B
Brianb1962
Well, I did get out to Lookout point today for a few hours. Had to check out my 20 hp merc. It ran nice. Big upgrade from the 9.8hp. Fished for a while, but didn't produce. Getting ready for the 27th. can't wait.
I fish with spoons and fenders with either a spoon or wedding ring with worm or corn. I might be going again this week before I Start my new job that was just offered to me today. I have been out for over a year. Start on the 29th, so I can do the OFF fish off on the 27th. Going to make it a very good day.

B
bd2cool
Hi Brianb1962,
Did you troll down by the dam or did you go upstream?
I will out there tomorrow-fine tuning for the 27th :)

Any hits at all and just a good day to be out?

B
Brianb1962
I did troll down by the dam, nothing. Then ran back up to the rock ledges across from the ramp, and nothing till the wind picked up. No bites at all. I hope to get another day or two of fine tuning also. Dont know about tomorrow. I was just offered a jjjoobb.That was hard. I have been out of work for just over a year. Are you going to be out there all day?

G
GDBrown
Fishing with a teenage daughter!!

Fishing with a teenage daughter!!

The most important thing about going fishing with 13 year old daughter is not catching fish! Go have as much fun as you can, take some worms and get messy with them.... If you catch something ask her if she wants to take it home and eat it BEFORE you Bonk it!!!!:shock: I made a big mistake by assuming the wrong thing and it ruined the day!:mad:

Didn't have that problem when she was 4 but look out at 13!

GD

B
Brianb1962
Yea, my daughter will jump right in and clean her fish she cought. It has always been nice taking them fishing. She gets mad at me if I dont take her.

B
bd2cool
Brianb1962
I just getting ready to head out.
I want to launch by 8 and will stay until 1 unless the wind kicks up.
If it is windy I will hit Dexter or Fall Creek.

R
radiation
Yeh, the last time I took her she was about 9 and we went to the Long Tom below the dam. She caught a 12" catfish. We took it home and she put it in her fish tank. It proceeded to try and eat her little fish. I ended up taking it back to the Long Tom and letting it go. I promised! She has been giving me crap for not catching any Steelhead this season, so she better catch something or its my turn to dish the crap! LOL! I'm stocked up with about everything thing that I normally use for lake fishing. Spoons, spinners, wedding rings, flashers, eggs, powerbait, worms, you name it. Diks has a couple of specials that I took advantage of. Roostertails- 5/$10.
Powerbait- 3/$10 and also a $5.00 mail in rebate. I think I am set.
I found out on Weds. that my tags are expired. We mailed in the check in Nov. but never got the tags. I tried calling on Fri. and found they were closed due to a "furlow" day. I guess I will try again on Mon. If I have to drive all the way up to Salem, I will! I want my d@#@ tags. I may ride my cycle if its nice.

Last edited:
B
Brianb1962
Hello bd2cool,
I didn't make it yesterday, I did get out today. Dexter was blowing and lookout was a gale. So I did get out on Fall creek res. Ren the boat for a while, did some fishing and enjoyed the Eagles flying. All and all it was a good day. The boat is almost ready for the Lookout Point Res. fishing day.

B
bd2cool
Branb1962-Fall Creek is pretty cool-I like it a lot.
Get ant hits?

B
Brianb1962
No hits at all. tried trolling, top and deep at the dam. jigging and casting to the banks. not hits. Talked to another boat and they didn't get anything either. Just seeing the Eagles flying made it for a good day. Was watching one trying to get a duck on the water.