Spots to hit in Central Or?

L
LoganGressett
Hey guys, Ill be in Redmond and Prineville this weekend with my buddy and his family. Him and I are looking to slay some fish!

Any good spots we should check out? Not really sure whats around there but Im sure there are some good creeks, rivers, lakes around.
Mainly going for trout but if there are any good places to catch bass I'd love to do that as well!

Thanks in advance!

S
steelhead_slayer
fly fishing or spinning steup?

L
LoganGressett
Spinning. Haven't ever tried fly fishing yet. I've always had good luck with trusty rooster tails and blue fox's etc.

C
chillfish420
I've personally never had much luck with spinners over on this side of the mountain, from what I've heard and see with personal experience rapalas are they way to go with a spinning setup.

S
steelhead_slayer
if your in prineville ochoco or prineville res are good choices

T
TJR_84
Prineville res is great for bass fishing. Also i have caught some nice cats out of there.Good luck and post some pictures!!

L
LoganGressett
Thanks guys. I will definitely post pictures!

L
LoganGressett
Late response, But I really didn't have time to fish much at all.. We got there late friday night, then left on sunday. We did go down to Steelhead Falls on the Deschutes and tried fishing for a bit a little way below the falls and all the swimmers. Could see some monster trout in there but they payed no attention to our rooster tails. I think were gonna make a trip over there again soon and do much more fishing!