Spinners and spoons...

F
FishAssassin
I like using the Rosco snap swivels for spinner fishing. For Steelhead I use size 12 and for Salmon I use size 10. Have I ever broke a size 12, yes. But only when I was trying to horse in a fish to the bank. I like them because it is easy to switch spinners quickly, they are black, and they help prevent line twist. I buy them in bulk so I inspect everyone for quality before I buy them. Give them a try they have put a lot of fish on the bank for me over the years.

C
CFishRun
I'm no expert spinner/spoon fishermen but I've had the best luck with the P Line swivels and about 6-12" of leader before tying on my metal. That's it. It helps prevent line twist when using a spinning real. Recently I did switch to a 7' 10" bait casting set up for all my metal tossing and although I haven't banked a fish with the set up, I really like how it handles. Plus with a bait casting reel I've noticed a great reduction in line twisting in general. Which by design only makes sense.

Also, being a bass nut my whole life like yourself I feel reelly comfortable with a baitcasting set-up. (Yes, reely was a pun)

S
Specialed
As a kid I remember Eagle Claw seemed to be a quality brand but now days it seems cheep. I steer away from it now...
Cohosanders said:
I had an eagle claw brand new red swivel broke in half by a nice little chromer last winter up@ E.C.......needless to say I was a little P.O'd Did a little ariel jump and all I reeled in was half of a swivel. I cannot say it is the brand ...maybe the fish or just that one that was defective.