Spent 3 hours on Hagg today

M
Merle
It was cold and foggy when we arrived at 10 AM It started clearing as we launched the boat. At 1 PM with the misty fog and the cold wind we decided we had enough fun for one day. We caught several fish and kept 5 to take home and eat. Hope the weather will allow us to get back on the Lake again before the Nov. 20th Closing. Wedding rings tipped with a small chuck of nightcrawler seems to consistantly work well on Henry Hake Lake:):lol:;)

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Cudos' to you two for braving that wind and taking dinner home with you! :clap: :clap: You really have Hagg dialed in. :D

troutdude
troutdude
Well done again, and nice report.

Just curious, have you tried Wedding Rings that have a half green/half black body? I've used those on other lakes, with HUGE success. So, I'd like to know if they work on other lakes too.

Hope you can make it back out there.

M
Merle
troutdude,
I have never used that color combo. It sounds good I have never been on water fishing for trout where
Trout would take other trolled lures and not take wedding rings. I do not consider myself to be an expert, on many occassions we have four people in the boat all trolling different colors and everybody would get strikes some colors might get fewer strikes. I tend to lean towards the reds and Salmon egg colors. Could be though when I was a kid all we fished with were Salmon Eggs and Worms. My nieghbor and I fish together often, he leans toward the greens. One day he will catch the more fish the very next day I will catch the most fish, either way we both always catch fish. With these planted fish you don't need a lot of skill. Skill is the fly fisherman that goes to a location studies the hatch and what the fish are rising to and goes back to his rig and ties up flies to match, now that is skill.

Last edited:
G
GDBrown
Skill?

Skill?

Merle said:
........ Skill is the fly fisherman that goes to a location studies the hatch and what the fish are rising to and goes back to his rig and ties up flies to match, now that is skill.

Now that sounds like OTF or Bigsteel to me.:rolleyes:

troutdude
troutdude
Yep. I think he's "gone over to the dark side". LOL

<just joking around Merle>

I've actually had several occasions on Foster, and GP, where ALL that the fish would hit were those green/black rings. I never go trout chasin' without that color (or without some Little Cleo's either).

M
Merle
troutdude,
I'm going to take your advice and pick up a few wedding rings in that color.
I'm looking forward to giving them a try. Like I said I'm no expert, I continue to try to learn because I like catching fish. As far as turning to the DARK side. I didn't posses the skill or the patience

H
Hendo30
sounds like a great 3 hours well done!

troutdude
troutdude
Merle said:
troutdude, As far as turning to the DARK side. I didn't posses the skill or the patience

LOL! That cracked me up bro.

I also highly recommend the brass colored Little Cleo spoon, in various sizes. It works by casting and retrieving; but has rarely let me down when trolling.

F
fisherofmen
troutdude. thanks for your tip on cleos in past posts. since i started using them it has turned out to be the best deal for me trolling or casting.

troutdude
troutdude
Ummm...I think I kinda hijacked this thread. Sorry Merle.

And you're welcome. They are a truly awesome spoon!