Specific stocking dates

S
sapo
Hi! Is there a way I can find out the specific stocking dates for trout? I know you can check the confirmed stocking, but can I find out the specific dates before they stock it?

troutdude
troutdude
ODFW doesn't guarantee any specific dates. They merely specify the "week of", then deliver on any date that works best the hatcheries involved. Sometimes--depending on weather, employee illness, etc.--they don't get delivered at all. But, thankfully, they usually DO deliver sometime during the week that is scheduled.

Maybe others can chime in here. But, the only definite way I know to "confirm" a stocking; is to call the ODFW confirmation line--or, to call the hatchery (if you know which one is actually doing the stocking, for the water you want to fish).

D
DrTheopolis
My thoughts are... what Troutdue said.

For as long as I can remember, it's always been "week of." Seems Tuesdays are the most common.

J
JonT
troutdude said:
ODFW doesn't guarantee any specific dates. They merely specify the "week of", then deliver on any date that works best the hatcheries involved. Sometimes--depending on weather, employee illness, etc.--they don't get delivered at all. But, thankfully, they usually DO deliver sometime during the week that is scheduled.

Maybe others can chime in here. But, the only definite way I know to "confirm" a stocking; is to call the ODFW confirmation line--or, to call the hatchery (if you know which one is actually doing the stocking, for the water you want to fish).

The best way to "confirm" it is to get out there and catch 'em. I like that they don't post specific dates, only weeks. Keeps us meat haulers honest.

I
igquick
JonT said:
The best way to "confirm" it is to get out there and catch 'em. I like that they don't post specific dates, only weeks. Keeps us meat haulers honest.

That's a good explanation that I never thought of. It really would suck if they told the exact date and time they would release, then it would get over-crowded for sure.

I really want to see how lethal a size 14 hair rigged powerbait would be and go fishing for some stocked trout (which is best right now *hint* hint*) but I rather hook a 16+ lb carp right now...