Spearfishing for carp

W
waco
I just wonder what do you do with so much Carp??

M
MikePierce170
waco said:
I just wonder what do you do with so much Carp??

Freeze it. Use it for bait :)

I
igquick
crazy, so you didn't happen to find any feeding right? And don't say they were eating spears either

so how far is the drive for u?

M
MikePierce170
igquick said:
crazy, so you didn't happen to find any feeding right? And don't say they were eating spears either

so how far is the drive for u?

Yes, they were eating steel lol. But no, I didn't catch any of them feeding. Although I did shoot one that was scanning the bottom. There was plenty of evidence showing carp feed there. Big pock marks on the bottom and empty clam shells everywhere.

And the drive was about an hour from me. But tomorrow I'm hitting the Lagoon around 9am. A spear buddy of mine scouted it today and said vis was 12ft. If I have that kinda visibility tomorrow I'm killing a big one for John "Montana" ;)

I
igquick
good luck, you already know the big ones are hard to get to...I remember the largest ones at chinook landing would be the furthest away

Admin
Admin
MikePierce170 said:
If I have that kinda visibility tomorrow I'm killing a big one for John "Montana" ;)

good luck

M
MikePierce170
Anatoliy said:
good luck

Yeah I had no luck today. That damn lagoon sucks. The first 8ft was great but it quickly turned into a mud cloud at the bottom and I couldn't see a thing. I'm never diving there again.

I
igquick
maybe the carp were like...."we just lost kenny, john, bob, and fat moe....I got an idea, we can cloud the whole bottom of the lake and hide in it so that idiot will stop shooting us"

I also noticed that with most of the lakes around. In april through may they are clear, and then the carp start to muck it up, and ironically its the end of may