Sauvie Island carp on the fly

P
PDX.TroutBum
Hi Guys,

I'm humbly asking for suggestions to stalk some carp on the fly at Sauvie Island. Would love to find a spot I could sight cast to them. Not asking for anyone to reveal a secret, but would appreciate any suggestions for me to start finding them on my own. Thanks!

G
Gulfstream
Will carp take a fly?

P
PDX.TroutBum
Absolutely!

TheKnigit
TheKnigit
I spent a summer at Island Cove RV Park on Sauvies Island several years ago. I used to fish Gulies Lake almost every evening and I saw a lot of carp coming to the surface there. I never could get them to take anything though. I have also seen them in McNary Lake. They always seemed to be around the cut banks close to the edge of the lakes.

P
PDX.TroutBum
TheKnigit said:
I spent a summer at Island Cove RV Park on Sauvies Island several years ago. I used to fish Gulies Lake almost every evening and I saw a lot of carp coming to the surface there. I never could get them to take anything though. I have also seen them in McNary Lake. They always seemed to be around the cut banks close to the edge of the lakes.
Thanks for the info!

TheKnigit
TheKnigit
This was back in the summer of 2010 so I have no idea if this has changed or if the access to these places is different. Good luck though.

Reactions: PDX.TroutBum
Leopard Shark
Leopard Shark
There are a few PDX guys that regularly catch carp on the fly, lots of videos on youtube to explore ?