Small stream/esturary cutt's

F
fishinshawn
So on my way to work today I stopped for 30mins or a little less to fish a small estuary. The tide was way out, I hadn't ever seen anyone fish this estuary before so I didn't know what to expect really. I threw on a small panther martin and fished the cool little pools I found. It looks very different at high tide, vs. low tide. What I discovered in short amount of time was that there were cutt throat in there, but in that shallow water they hugged the bottom and wouldn't chase a spinner very far. I ended up going 2 for 6 or 7 in short amount of time I was there. My camera phone doesn't do the fish justice, they were really pretty. The resilience of the cutt throat really impresses me. The estuary has been filled in and modified many times over the years, yet the fish still remain and from what I can tell they seem to have a healthy population. Especially, when you consider how urban the environment in the area has gotten.

0708121247a.jpg

0708121247b.jpg

0708121252a.jpg

0708121254.jpg

0708121241.jpg

0701121136.jpg

O
OnTheDrop
Look at those spots on the second one. Prettttty fish!

C
Coastaldweller
How many lures did you lose on shopping carts;) ? There are some really nice fish about 1/4 mile up from where you were fishing.

D
dtikey
good job Shawn made for a nice little stop for ya

F
fishinshawn
Thanks guys, it always makes the day go by a little better when I can wet a line before work.

Jon-
Thanks for the tip, I will check up higher next time. I was really surprised there were so many fish there do you fish it often?

Mike- My little cutts ain't got nothing on the fish you have been getting lately!

bass
bass
That looks like it was a blast. That first one looks like a hybrid. Great job and thanks for the report.

F
frofishing
Hello could you tell me where this is located?