Slow crabbing at Alsea Saturday

D

diggindan

My wife decided to go even tho she had to get up at 4:30.
We were on the water by 8 and only had 1 keeper till about 11. Things finally picked up some just before high tide and we quit at 1:30 with 11 keepers. Had to get home for a date with friends.
Bait of choice this trip was tuna scraps.
Weather was a bit of drizzle and low fog. Not cold at all.
Sorry, no pics. Computer is being a pain today.
Cheers, Dan

T

Thuggin4Life

Good job man. High slack is the best. Always fun to make the old lady get up at the buttcrack of dawn for a fishin trip.

B

Bass Ackwards

Shoot, a slow day for me is no keepers... I wish I could catch 11 Keepers in one day. You were in a boat I imagine. Did you stay in the bay??

D

diggindan

Good job man. High slack is the best. Always fun to make the old lady get up at the buttcrack of dawn for a fishin trip.

I always shoot for days with a small tide change and catch low or hi slack. We had to be home early so I went for the low tide.
Getting her up early cost me a trip to Portland for a birthday party yesterday.;)

D

diggindan

Shoot, a slow day for me is no keepers... I wish I could catch 11 Keepers in one day. You were in a boat I imagine. Did you stay in the bay??

We were out near the jaws. We tried both sides and had the best luck on the hiway side as the tide came in.
I guess we're getting spoiled. Been coming home with 2 limits on good days.

D

diggindan

Pictures

Pictures

Finally got some pictures off my camera.
Alsea Bay 12/19/09

Last edited by a moderator:
L

livin2fish

Finally got some pictures off my camera.
Alsea Bay 12/19/09
Hey dan if you ever need a trap puller give me a shout I've got traps, rings ,etc. and lots of bait. I think my bro fishhunter went with you to siltcoos, he said "good times". Fishon.:D :D