Slaw clarity?

S
SteelyDan's
Anyone know what the 'slaw is looking like? Was planning on going tomorrow but both the N & S Umpqua are pretty dirty. Any info is appreciated.

R
rippin fish lips
SteelyDan's said:
Anyone know what the 'slaw is looking like? Was planning on going tomorrow but both the N & S Umpqua are pretty dirty. Any info is appreciated.

GO should be just off color. GOOOO.

O
OnTheDrop
I wouldn't waste your time on the Siuslaw....

T
TTFishon
Floated the Slaw yesterday. Water clarity was about 6 inches to a foot at the beginning of the float and about 15 to 20 inches by the end.

P
plumb2fish
The slaw fishes best when its off color

S
Scott M
Up at Green today and although the river level there is up about a foot, the stream is still very clear there. as you come down river toward Tide it greens up, turning Slate a ways above Brickerville.

S
steelhead_stalkers
plumb2fish said:
The slaw fishes best when its off color

The slaw is ALWAYS off color. :lol:

S
SteelyDan's
Sounds good enough for me. Thanks all.

F
fuson22
I have been hitting Whitikar every weekend almost religiously since Jan 1st. The water was at a decent level early in the month, caught a couple off the main sandy bank. Then 5 hours of fishin the same location, as well as up and down the bank, absolutely nothing. Then floated Whitikar to Wildcat, we stopped and fished every single great lookin slot, tailout, and riffle and turned that short float into a 7 hour fish... Nothing... Last Saturday Jan 26th fished all up and down both sides of the bank throwing everything possible at them ( Bobber & jig, Bobber & roe, drifting a small beed- yarn ball's, coarky and yarn, even drifted some roe) Again... Nothing... The water has been Low compared to early in the month. I think "for me at least" that area fishes best at around 7-8. But I've been fishing this area for years and no how good it USUALLY is this time of year. So with the rain and warm weather we've had this week, I'm going to give it another shot this weekend. If it's still no good, Alsea here I come. We've been catching fish there (on and off) but steadily having action all month. But I'd love to see the Slaw come up a foot or 2 but not be chocolate milk and be able to produce the fish I know are in there.

R
rippin fish lips
fuson22 said:
ut I'd love to see the Slaw come up a foot or 2 but not be chocolate milk and be able to produce the fish I know are in there.

they are in there.....

N
nwkiller
Nice avatar fuson22........

Last edited:
F
fuson22
Nope not a Spammer lol. I've known Garret and Kenny since middle school. I really like what your doing with NWK fishing man. Even bought a big ass NWK decal on the back of my truck window! And I LOVE those "sprocket spinners" from KND customs. Been buyin a few of those too. It's good to see some local boys doin something positive with your "slaying" abilities lol. Keep it up!

N
nwkiller
Was hoping this was the case, thanks for the kind words, tight lines!