Slacking at work means I can go fishing

S
Shadelady
Jenna, if you decide to hit the Salmon send me a PM i could meet you out there. its about 15 minutes from me. i fished it all last year... notice i say fish not catch... anyhow would love to learn. i should be up and caffinated by 8am. also, if you want fresh bait, you can pump your own shrimp about 20 mins away from the Salmon down in Taft- to get there, just drive through Lincoln City, to where the Bay House restraunt is, park on the north side of it. if we dont meet up, good luck, and let me know how you do.

Y
yellowjacket
Steel in that stretch?

Steel in that stretch?

JeannaJigs said:
Several spots between just before Vida up to Blue River

Hiyuh JJ. Got a spot I have been getting some pellet heads near Rennie. Mid afternoon black panther martins yellow spots 1/8 or night crawlers, generally not more than 10' from the bank. Stomach checks show caddis in cases, algae(?)! and the little snails. Anyway is that general area productive for steel? If so we-all know what your go to is but any other gear productive ? Sounds like they are wise to you planning fishing trips at work :lol: Try this page, the satellite /aerial is better than google and maybe not on the blocked list. SSSHHHH
Your web browser and the Maps site are incompatible Bing maps
the link will work don't know why the incompatible message

Tight lines & sizzlin' skillets

J
JeannaJigs
Well I didn't make it. I had an emergency and getting my line wet was the last thing on my mind. Perhaps when things settle down, I will get up there while there's still some fish.

Steelhead go way up the Mac. People in previous years did not target them much above leaburg because the "hatchery" fish didn't go above the hatchery. Now there are no restrictions on fin clipped or non clipped fish, so it's open season above. A cool place to go this time of year (TO LOOK, not to fish, it's restricted) is below the dam at Trailbridge, biggggg spawning beds, very cool site to see. But the upper river can be really productive if you can find the fish in the right water, as there is very minimal pressure up there, compared to the combat zone that is the insanity of the hatchery hole.