Siuslaw competition

W
windburnt
Thuggin4Life said:
the way it made the boat back track 2 feet per rod dip it must have been an70lb er at least. lol $350 nooks.

why 350$ nook.? explain more

T
Thuggin4Life
J
JeannaJigs
windburnt said:
why 350$ nook.? explain more
There's a guy that I have ran into previously on tahkenitch (who retained a rare adult chinook on said lake, illegally, thought it was a coho...)that said he had a chinook yesterday...guaranteed that it was a coho, but he is not a master of fish identification (clearly). So the coho were jumping all over the place, and he's like "that's the fish you want right there! Those chinook!"

so we dubbed them $350 chinook, as that's the fine you will get for retaining said "chinook" aka wild coho.

J
JeannaJigs
Thuggin4Life said:
the way it made the boat back track 2 feet per rod dip it must have been an70lb er at least. lol $350 nooks.

Now the more I think about it, I'm goin' with a 75 pounder. It made the boat shudder. definitely. No doubt in my mind, I almost had a record fish.

K
Kodiak
LMAO....A lot of that goes on...intentionally. I know guys that have been warned 5 or 6 times. I know guys who haved bonked 12, 14 lb coho, all in the name of being a "jack". These guys know what they are hitting, because nook numbers are so low and silver numbers so high. They don't understand why we can't keep them and do it anyway. Can't say I agree with them, but I understand the frustration.

T
Thuggin4Life
I have been tempted to bonk a $350 nook and hide it in the bow under the life jackets but rules are rules even thought it is frustrating when you can't seem to get a nook and the coho are everywhere.

J
JeannaJigs
Kodiak said:
LMAO....A lot of that goes on...intentionally. I know guys that have been warned 5 or 6 times. I know guys who haved bonked 12, 14 lb coho, all in the name of being a "jack". These guys know what they are hitting, because nook numbers are so low and silver numbers so high. They don't understand why we can't keep them and do it anyway. Can't say I agree with them, but I understand the frustration.

I'm sure it does go on intentionally, but this guy is a genuine idiot. I've ran into him several times, and he would've bet his life on the chinook he got at tahkenitch as being a coho, after a long conversation about it with him...i realized he was a complete moron and there was no helping him.

I understand the frustration, but catch and release is still better than not catching and they should be glad there is a resource to catch and release. Eventually I forsee perhaps an quota season of wild fish like they did at tahkenitch, siltcoos, and now 5 coastal rivers. Until then though...it's catch and release of coho, or retention of a $350 "chinook", and that's okay by me.

W
windburnt
ahh. i understand.. thought u were saying u kept one and paid 350$ i miss understood.

J
JeannaJigs
windburnt said:
ahh. i understand.. thought u were saying u kept one and paid 350$ i miss understood.
Lol no, not me. I didn't get any to the boat :( Tomorrow though, it's gonna be fish on. 'Cause, I said so. It will be a fine free chinook, also, because I said so.