Siuslaw competition

S
steelhead_stalkers
When there are three million coho in two miles of river you don't need sonar but to get into Chinook you will and it also helps you find holes where fish hold in tidewater. You could troll one foot under the surface and get into coho right now. :lol:

T
Thuggin4Life
Was kind refering to fishing in general but it would help to find the nook holes. The way I have been tide water fishing is hugging the bottom and checking bottom every so often. Have started to find some of the deeper spots. And have gone up river from were I have been fishing mostly(were I seen you guys) to hit some of the deeper holes as well. Maybe some one will be nice enough to give a and old bottom finder....

M
Mike123
windburnt said:
i used #6 orange blue fox to get mine.... trolling and casting... i think i even caught one on a #5 blue and yellow one. pretty sure they would have almost hit anything like that,,,,across the way from MO's. The coho were jumpin all over the river though.... 8-15ft is where the coho where. srry for sonor thuggin..eheheh

Sounds to me like the fish are biting a WEE bit better down there then they are up here. :( I can only seem to hook one fish up.. only bringing home one per outing. Haven't seen a whole lot of fish being caught in the Yaquina.. lots jumping but not too many biting!

S
steelhead_stalkers
Good thinking about searching up river! You will find some nooks just keep searching and keep your gear on the bottom.

W
windburnt
Ill be out in mapleton/florence area saturday morning early. Hit me up if u want to bump boats for a bit. Im in a 14ft alumacraft jon boat.. say CRAPPIE JON on the side. Name is Andy. Hope to hear or see some people out there. Srry, boat is full.. had to cash a rain check i gave to a buddy awhile ago..eheheh

J
JeannaJigs
Good luck out there. I'm bummin' with the other Andy (Thuggin4life) sunday, hopefully will get into some feesh. Is that the same boat you had up at Detroit? I was thinkin' it was more than a 14 footer, but maybe i'm delusional.

T
Thuggin4Life
I wouldn't call it bummin.

W
windburnt
JeannaJigs said:
Good luck out there. I'm bummin' with the other Andy (Thuggin4life) sunday, hopefully will get into some feesh. Is that the same boat you had up at Detroit? I was thinkin' it was more than a 14 footer, but maybe i'm delusional.

twas the same boat.. 14 foot boat but 15 with motor.. ehheeh

J
JeannaJigs
I is delusional then! lol. Still a pretty sweet set up

W
windburnt
no fish today... had something as long as my full arm follow my spinner up to the boat, but bolted when he seen me see him. Had my line land over a seagul and decided to turn around when he fealt it... fealt it tug couple times, then it came loose. p.s the bird was flying...lol.. didn't really seen anybody catching anything.

B
Bfishin
windburnt said:
no fish today... had something as long as my full arm follow my spinner up to the boat, but bolted when he seen me see him. Had my line land over a seagul and decided to turn around when he fealt it... fealt it tug couple times, then it came loose. p.s the bird was flying...lol.. didn't really seen anybody catching anything.

Were you casting spinners up river or more down toward the bay? What time did you hit the water, and did you troll? Let us know the breakdown and we'll report on our trip tomorrow. We'll be up river hittin the deep holes. Bangin Nooks baby!;)

J
JeannaJigs
I. Am. Stoked.

Fish are gonna die.

(I hope).

J
JeannaJigs
windburnt said:

Seagull assassin!

M
Mike123
Thuggin4Life said:

Oh man! Ifish would assassinate you for posting a pic like that! :lol::lol::lol:

W
windburnt
Thuggin4Life said:

wow...lol.. thats a little more intense then my little tangle. damn sea chickens..lol

W
windburnt
Bfishin said:
Were you casting spinners up river or more down toward the bay? What time did you hit the water, and did you troll? Let us know the breakdown and we'll report on our trip tomorrow. We'll be up river hittin the deep holes. Bangin Nooks baby!;)

used spinners and herring plug up and down river.. put in at cushman and went to 3rd number pole after florence bride. and back down just past the first Y spilt after that train track bridge. started fishing that morning at 630am and stayed till 2ish

T
Thuggin4Life
put in at bridgeport and fished the river up until tha dairy hole. had one fish to the boat but didn't set the hook and it ran towards me and poped off. kinda looked like a small nook. 60% sure. fished around the ramp and got a small $350 chinook that i released. even tried some plugs and spinners. fished most of the day and we had a few other takedowns. seen a few nooks in possesion. thanks to jeannajigs for getting us out on the water today.

Last edited:
J
JeannaJigs
Thuggin4Life said:
put in at bridgeport and fished the river up until tha dairy hole. had one fish to the boat but didn't set the hook and it ran towards me and poped off. kinda looked like a small nook. 60% sure. fished around the ramp and got a small $350 chinook that i released. even tried some plugs and spinners. fished most of the day. seen a few nooks in possesion.

LOL still laughing about the $350 nook and that guy...

Don't forget, I for sure had a 60 pounder (60% sure) take my rig down, I just fail at hook set.

T
Thuggin4Life
the way it made the boat back track 2 feet per rod dip it must have been an70lb er at least. lol $350 nooks.