Siltcoos Lake

E
eugene1
Good luck! how has your season out there been so far?

HOOKED ON said:
Anybody fished latley? talked to Vensent at westlake he said a few fish had been caught last week, expects some
more to come in, im going to fish this weekend.

H
HOOKED ON
eugene1 said:
Good luck! how has your season out there been so far?

5 for the boat, but havent been for a couple of weeks, should turn on soon just got to be there the day it does.

M
mosd
ive got a bud whos folks are over on siltcoos lake and they have been taggin out every day out there on the lake and have been tagging out. sounds like its on fire

Reel_Deal
Reel_Deal
Thanks for that info. I'll be there this weekend.

P
plumb2fish
I think someone is trying to get some of the pressure off the siuslaw.....

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
plumb2fish said:

x2 I have been checking Siltcoos regularly, we fished by the outlet area yesterday for an hour after fishing in the Slaw, didn't see any jumps or rolls and nothing hit our spinners in our favorite spots despite nice late afternoon cloudy/filtered light conditions that are usually good...there should be lots of big coho there eventually but so far, seems like just a few coming in...

E
eugene1
haha!

plumb2fish said:

M
mikeredding
There are a few fish but it is definitely not on fire by any means.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
I should add that I want there to be fish in the lake, that is why I have been over checking so often. My Brother-in-law is coming Friday for a 4 day weekend and we are hoping to fish the river and lake, but as it is now, a crowded river kicking out fish like a broken slot machine is better than a peaceful lake with just a few scattered (and smallish) coho...

D
DYJ
With how the river has been fishing I almost forgot all about that lake...

EveryNow&Then
EveryNow&Then
A buddy from work was over there last weekend-Tuesday and sent me a picture of fourteen coho layed on a cleaning station at Nightengales. He said he caught a 22 pounder.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
EveryNow&Then said:
A buddy from work was over there last weekend-Tuesday and sent me a picture of fourteen coho layed on a cleaning station at Nightengales. He said he caught a 22 pounder.

I sure hope there were 14 fishermen there cleaning them...:D

E
eugene1
22# is so sweet, got any pic of that big one?

Best,

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
eugene1 said:
22# is so sweet, got any pic of that big one?

Best,

yeah for sure, I was wondering if the guy meant 22"...LOL...:lol:

EveryNow&Then
EveryNow&Then
image.jpgThis is the picture he sent me, he is a very new fisherman but said the weighed it. What do you think?

E
eugene1
Very nice coho, is it 22#?, I don't know, from that pic I'd guess something a bit less? However, I won't take anything away from your buddy's sweet catch!

Very nice fresh fish whatever it went! I know some big fish are gonna come back to that lake this year and hope you guys do well and intercept one of the hogs...

Best,

J
JeannaJigs
Fishermen tend to embelish on weights lol. He would have to be a very small person for that to be 22 I think, but it's still a nice fish, and anyday a fish goes home is a good day.

EveryNow&Then
EveryNow&Then
Agreed, he's pretty skinny but thought he exaggerated a bit. He said they hooked 13 last Tuesday slow trolling mag lips. He was with an old timer who knows the lake very well, may have to give it a try soon!

D
DYJ
That's a dang nice COHO, I bet he just rounded the weight up from 17 or 18 pounds:D

It's always hard to tell from a picture... 22 LB is a brute of a coho

D
Dustin0718
Anyone know what the lake level is at at the west lake dock? I know once it reaches around 8 feet they may open up the dam, just wanting to know how far we are to the magic mark