Siltcoos and Takenitch

M
mikeredding
JeannaJigs said:
Fish aren't going to be concentrated up any of the arms this early.

For the first time, I have to disagree with you. I spent 2 days on the lake this weekend and there were a ton of fish in the Maple arm. I was surprised. I expected them to be scattered all over.

T
Thuggin4Life
Good to know must be all the rain we got.

Jeanna I have a 30 rack set aside hope that makes us friends again. Also I think we should sell siltcoos maps and tactics pamphlets. We could have one for friends and another for monkeys.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
what we saw over the weekend at the top of Fiddle arm was more than a few fish but based on sonar, jumping, and the one Jack we caught, they were all rather small, either Jacks or small adults.

on Sunday we also saw what appeared to be a sea lion at the top of Fiddle arm, which was very surprising.

FYI: this is our rookie year salmon fishing so we are doing a lot of recon and information gathering, along with getting some blood on the boat.

M
mikeredding
rogerdodger said:
on Sunday we also saw what appeared to be a sea lion at the top of Fiddle arm, which was very surprising.

I saw him too on Friday. The year before last there were 3 huge sea lions out in the middle of the main lake. I was blown away. I guess they follow the fish up.

J
JeannaJigs
mikeredding said:
For the first time, I have to disagree with you. I spent 2 days on the lake this weekend and there were a ton of fish in the Maple arm. I was surprised. I expected them to be scattered all over.

They musta moved quick, my dad was over there last week and there wasn't anything going on up maple

M
mikeredding
JeannaJigs said:
They musta moved quick, my dad was over there last week and there wasn't anything going on up maple

They were definitely there this weekend!

J
JeannaJigs
Thuggin4Life said:
Good to know must be all the rain we got.

Jeanna I have a 30 rack set aside hope that makes us friends again. Also I think we should sell siltcoos maps and tactics pamphlets. We could have one for friends and another for monkeys.

I think we can be friends again. Possibly. The forecast is looking better weatherwise too.

Those ******* sealions weren't up there last year thank god, but the two years before that, there were a couple. They're massive too, they're not the chubby little seals, they're the 8 foot tanks. That's what happens when the dam is open anytime there's a good tide.