Siltcoos and Takenitch

N
nwdunerider
The coastal lakes should be heating up soon. We boated our first fish last year on 11/2 in siltcoos
Has anyone heard anything about this year yet
 
J
JeannaJigs
Murdered my first one of last season on the 13th of October. The fish are in, you just have to look hard.
 
A
alseaalumaweld
what she said
 
M
mikeredding
JeannaJigs said:
Murdered my first one of last season on the 13th of October. The fish are in, you just have to look hard.

I guess I will give it a shot this weekend as the Siuslaw closed today.
 
N
nwdunerider
i need to look below the Takenitch dam to see if the fish are stacking up yet .
 
C
CoastieFlo
the dam hasnt been opened yet and there needs to be a good 2-3 inches of rain before it will get even close to being high enough to open. Tenmile might be a different story as its not dammed.
 
M
mikeredding
CoastieFlo said:
Tenmile might be a different story as its not dammed.

There is a Coho run on Tenmile?
 
J
JeannaJigs
Whether the dam is open or not, the fish do use the ladder... That dam won't open for probably a month
 
T
Thuggin4Life
I dont even care if the dam is open. of ot is its just a bonus and i use more gas trolling the river. Might as well not even fish there this year I think its gonna be a monkey show with the way the internet is these days. Too many reporters and report chasers.

Not sure if the date on my camera was right because it always get screwed up and i never notice until several trips later. Hopefully it dies this year and my wife wants to replace it right away since for the lsat 2 years i haven't been able to undersatand how it is still alive in the first place. but anyways this was my lst saltwater trip and first siltcoos trip of the year last year. Got it on my first pass after wasting a day on the suislaw. Alos was the fisrt trip after a very expensive and time consuming boat rebuilt that took longer and more money than planned so it alsways was only my 3rs salt trip and first in my boat last year. thats ok though 9 trips to the lakes and 16 boated fish later 4 on my tag i was very happy to switch to winter steelhead as the lakes died off.

DSCI2939.jpg

Also if remeber right the photographer was a member or here. And avid siltcoos salyer.




Mike what do you mean the slaw is shut down? no more salmon fishing? thought it was just closed to hos like always anyways?
 
M
mikeredding
Thuggin4Life said:
Mike what do you mean the slaw is shut down? no more salmon fishing? thought it was just closed to hos like always anyways?

Yes, closed for Ho's. I am ready to catch a few. Frustrated with the Nooks right now. Ready to catch some fish.
 
T
Thuggin4Life
Im heading out next weekend to the lakes and hanging up the nookin gear for the season. You should go out this weekend and do some recon for us.
 
J
JeannaJigs
Thuggin4Life said:
Im heading out next weekend to the lakes and hanging up the nookin gear for the season. You should go out this weekend and do some recon for us.

Have no fear, Mr. Safety is on it like white on rice.
 
T
Thuggin4Life
JeannaJigs said:
Have no fear, Mr. Safety is on it like white on rice.

Sweet!
 
rogerdodger
rogerdodger
we are heading for Siltcoos this weekend, hoping to see some Silvers have entered the lake...roger
 
N
nwdunerider
They are biteing at siltcoos . I know of someone who caught 2 yesterday !!
 
J
JeannaJigs
They opened the dam for 24 hours a week or so ago to flush out the sand bar at the mouth. The fish were stacked waiting to move upriver. There's good numbers.
 
rogerdodger
rogerdodger
our sonar did not mark many large fish on Sat. but we did catch a nice bright 3# Jack up the Fiddle Creek arm, so nice day fishing and still 7 spots on our tags for native adult silvers, hope they open the dam again and let them in...
 
J
JeannaJigs
Dam open or not, the fish are still gonna move in up the ladder. If you sit by the ladder you'll see em shooting up it. Fish aren't going to be concentrated up any of the arms this early. It's a game of battleship. Cover as much water as you can, seek, and destroy. There's a few places they congregate this time of year that consistently produce. I'm not at liberty to disclose those spots on a public forum, however, just cover water and you'll find em.
 
T
Thuggin4Life
JeannaJigs said:
Dam open or not, the fish are still gonna move in up the ladder. If you sit by the ladder you'll see em shooting up it. Fish aren't going to be concentrated up any of the arms this early. It's a game of battleship. Cover as much water as you can, seek, and destroy. There's a few places they congregate this time of year that consistently produce. I'm not at liberty to disclose those spots on a public forum, however, just cover water and you'll find em.

I would say its a more like a bombing run. Troll your gear down a specific path and "bomb" the water with your gear. Sooner or later your target gets destroyed and the end result is blood everywhere. hereing about that jack just further proves that there will be a bloody mess next weekend. Jeanna you must pm me the location of these spots. I have no idea where you would find fish this time of year. specially since the dam isn't open.
 
J
JeannaJigs
Andy, after bombarding my phone when I was at work with fish porn, I don't think we can be friends anymore. So I won't be able to send you that PM. you're on your own.

I will however tow your boat and go camping this weekend to an undisclosed location. Maybe we can still be friends, but it's going to take some blood in the boat to do so.
 

Similar threads

B
Replies
16
Views
2K
CajunOlson
CajunOlson
F
Replies
9
Views
1K
cchinook
C
CheapComboPrincess
Replies
8
Views
246
Bank10
Bank10
‘TroutMaster
Replies
2
Views
1K
troutdude
troutdude
bmjpnw
Replies
5
Views
1K
bmjpnw
bmjpnw
Top Bottom